Perhaps Changing His Mind..

Continued

Erica ride up on her bike to cecelias party knowing that Terrence would most likely be there. Cecelia friends were sitting on the front and laughed when they saw ericas pink bike. "Nice bike! Still has tassels.." said a girl laughing as she ignored them and went inside.

Once she walked inside, she saw a boy throwing a screaming girl into the pool. She laughed as she came up to the surface. Erica looked around for Terrence. The other guests at the party flared at her oddly. Wondering why she was there.

She then spotted Terrence sitting with Cecilia and a few other people in a jacuzzi. Terrence sat on the top just his feet in and Cecilia sat into the water.

Erica twisted her mouth and walked up to the both of them. " how could you do this to Taraji?" she said. "Do what?" Asked Terrence, a confused look on his face. "Take Cecilia To the last splash, after you already asked Taraji?" She replied.

He licked his lips, then shifted. "Yeah, well that was before I found out she already has a boyfriend." He said. Cecilia looked up at her. "Boyfriend?" Asked Erica confused. "Yeah, the one she practically jumped overboard for once the sun set." He said. Cecilia smirked.

" Taraji does it have a boyfriend, who told you that?" Erica asked. He then looked over at Cecilia, who began to struggle to speak. She then noticed the same guy who tossed the other girl into the pool standing nearby.

"Tony! Tony!" She called. He turned to her. She pointed at Erica. " The little girl wants to go in." She smirked. He grinned, beginning to walk up to Erica from behind. "I want to go in where?" Asked Erica. Suddenly, Tony lifted her up from the bottom of her legs. "Into the pool!" He said.

Erica suddenly began to panic and constantly scream in fear. "No no don't, put me down! stop no! NO! NO!" She shouted. He inched her closer to the pool. "Hey! Hey Tony don't. Stop, don't." Said Terrence with a sigh in his voice.

"PUT ME DOWN! NO STOP! NOOO!" Screamed Erica. Tony put her down into the ground, and her face softened. "Geez, alright relax! What's the big drama?" He asked Terrence, Cecilia and their other friends. "Whatever." He said walking away.

Terrence stared at her, looking at her face as she brogan to sniff. Cecilia continued smirking. Erica stood up, her eyes starting to water as she cried, running out of the pool party. Cecilia scoffed. "God, take a joke?" She murmured. She then looked at Terrence, but he wasn't smiling.

"Take a joke? What's the matter with you, she's scared." Said Terrence. Cecilia tilted her head. "She was trying to get attention, hello." She said. "Yeah that's your job isn't it Cecelia." He said, shaking his head and getting up out of the jacuzzi. He walked away from the pool and after Erica.

Surprised, Cecilia began to giggle. "Terrence I was kidding. Joke, hello?" She said, but he was already just about out of earshot.

He walked outside seeing Erica lifting up her bike and about to get on it. "Erica! Erica hold on." He said, putting on his cross bag and walking up to her before she left. He saw her wiping her tears. "Hey, you okay?" He asked. She stared at him in silence. "Look, do you know where I can find Taraji? I really need to talk to her." He asked gently.

"Yeah? Is that a nod? Do I see a nod?" He asked. She reluctantly started to smile and gave a small nod to his question.

~

Back at the beach Heaven and Taraji were inside of the Beach House. Sad Music played from the radio next to the bathtub as Taraji sat inside of it with her tail poking out, and ice cream being stuffed into her mouth.

Heaven watched her in confusion as she watched Taraji eat the Chocolate ice cream in delight. She scoffed once she finished the jar. " Who needs Terrence? I found two new men to love. And their names are...Ben and Jerry." She said, looking at the title on the ice cream box. Heaven laughed.

Erica and Terrence quietly walked through the front patio of the house and through the front door.

"Terrence. Who needs Terrence?" Mumbled Taraji to herself, scraping more of the ice cream from the bottom of the box. "Ugh, I need some salt." She said.

"Yeah, I don't know what Cecelia was talking about." Said Erica to Terrence as they walked up the stairs towards the bathroom.

Taraji shook the salt shaker watching as a vast amount of salt drizzled into her ice cream jar.

" I think they're in here in my room." Said Erica. Heaven and Taraji both gasped as they heard Terrace and Erica's voice outside of the bathroom door. Erica's room has a bath room separated by double doors. The double doors were wide open.

Once they opened the door, Terrence gasped at seeing Taraji in the bathtub. "Oh god!" He said in surprise. "Oh, hey." Cooed Taraji, trying to play it cool. "I- um. I-I'm sorry. Sorry." He said, awkwardly. "so how's it going?" Asked Taraji, her legs sticking out of the bathtub and her crossing them.

Erica looked confused at how she was in water but she had legs. "B-bad. No, good. Uh, fine..." he said. "why don't you go wait out on the balcony and will be out in a sec- yeah.." said Terrence walking off in the middle of her saying her sentence.

Erica then quickly walked into the bathroom and closed the double doors behind her. "What are you doing?" Asked Erica. Just then, Heaven sat up from underwater, her face covered in bubbles. She wiped her face and the girls all began to laugh.

" what was he doing here?" Asked Heaven. "Cecilia told him Taraji had a boyfriend!" Whisper-shouted Erica. Taraji gasped. "Ugh! That- that barnacle!" Said Taraji. "But Terrence wants to talk to you." Smiles Erica. Heaven and Taraji began to squeal in the bathtub. "Oh my gosh yes! Yes!" They squealed.

A few minutes later Taraji walked out into the balcony wearing a bathrobe with her hair pinned up. Shr closed the door behind her, and her and Terrence begin to talk.

As soon as she shut the door heaven and Erica ran to it and kneeled down under the window to try and listen to their conversation. The girls sprinted to Erica's bed once they saw Taraji open the door less than five seconds later.

"And then it attacked me!- it attacked you?!- yeah it was!" They said having a fake conversation as Taraji and Terrence walked by them.

"Later guys." He said, waving at them. "Oh, hey! Thanks for coming!" They exclaimed. Taraji opened Erica's bedroom door and Terrence walked out, then turned back to face her. He stared at her for a brief moment before awkwardly waving goodbye. "Bye.." she mumbled with a slight smile before him.

He walked away and she closed the door. She put her back against the door and all of the girls let out a sigh of relief. She slowly began to nervously approach the girls with a smile on her face.

"Guess who's got a date to the last splash..." she trailed off. "Me!" She finished, and the girls all began to jump around in happiness. Their screams of joy were so loud that Terrence could hear them from outside of Erica's house.

He smiled and let out a single chuckle as he looked up at the window he heard the girls from.

Taraji couldn't wait until the day of the last splash.

~

To be continued.

So I know you all are probably wondering why I am choosing to update a book that I have abandoned for years. Well to be honest I actually do miss this book even though it has been a very long time since I have updated it. I figure why not actually continue writing the book as I should be doing with many of my other ones (don't even mention it lol) but I know that many people did enjoy this book and it was very interesting to see Taraji as a mermaid. So I'm going to finish it I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Please comment and vote!