5

"How do I look?" Brooke asked as they approached the Padalecki's house.

"Beautiful like always." Jensen replied.

"What if they don't like me?" Brooke nervously asked.

"Stop it! You're getting yourself psyched out." Jensen said. He knocked on the door. "They'll love you."

The door swung open and Gen greeted them with a huge smile on her face. "We've heard so much about you Brooke. It's great to finally meet you."

Gen pulled Brooke into a hug which at first was a little awkward but Jensen had told her that Gen was extremely warm and inviting.

"We brought wine. Jensen said this was you and Jared's favorite kind." Brooke said handing her the very expensive wine bottle that Jensen had bought.

"You didn't have to do that! But thank you anyway." Gen smiled.

They walked into the foyer and Jared took their coats after greeting them. They walked back into the kitchen and Brooke stood by the island as Gen opened up the wine bottle.

"Are you alright here, B?" Jensen asked.

Brooke shook her head.

"I'll be in the family room with Jared if you need me." Jensen told her.

Normally Brooke would be annoyed if any guy left her alone in a situation like this but Gen was beyond friendly. Brooke didn't have any sort of anxiety with Jensen leaving her.

"It's nice to have another girl around." Gen said handing Brooke a glass of wine.

"Oh thank you." Brooke said taking the glass from her. "You and Jared have two boys, right?"

Gen nodded, "And when they grow up the testosterone in this house is gonna be too much to handle."

"I can imagine that would be the case." Brooke laughed. "I grew up with one sister and no father so my house growing up was pretty testosterone free."

"Are you from Chicago? I think that's where Jensen told us you were from." Gen said trying to recall what Jensen had previously told her.

"Yeah. I moved to Los Angeles four years ago." Brooke nodded.

"What made you move? Chicago is a beautiful city."

"I moved her with my boyfriend at the time who then cheated on me after moving here. I broke up with him and got my own place but I had a job here so I never left. I always considered moving back to Chicago but I don'tthink I ever will. I wouldn't be able to handle the harsh winters after living the nice LA sun for a couple of years."

Gen nodded her head, agreeing completely with Brooke's statement.  Gen took a sip from her glass, smiling at hearing Jensen laugh loudly in the other room. She could picture the way he was laughing right now, with his torso doubled over. His laugh always made her want to laugh as well.

"He hasn't laughed like that in a long time." Gen noted. "He hit a rough patch after the divorce."

"Yeah, he had mentioned something about it before. He said it was really hard for him." Brooke nodded.

"It's good that he's with you though. Jared said that he talks about you nonstop." Gen said raising her eyebrows. "I think you're good for him."

"That goes both ways." Brooke added.

Jensen and Jared entered the room seconds after Brooke's comment. The girls immediately became quiet and looked up at them.

"That's never a good sign." Jared said sarcastically. "What were you saying about us?"

"Nothing babe." Gen said in a          sing-song voice. "Just talking."

Gen walked over the oven, pulling dinner out and setting it on the counter. Jared grabbed the salad out of the fridge and carried it out to the dining room.

Jensen walked up behind Brooke, running his hands up and down the sides of her arms and then giving her shoulders a squeeze.

"How's it going?" He asked quietly.

"Perfect actually." Brooke replied.

"Good. I knew it would be fine." Jensen told her. "You should listen to me more often."

"Oh I should now?" Brooke whispered raising her eyebrows. "That's not what you wanted the other night."

Gen walked back over, "Dinner is served."

They made their way to the dining room which was absolutely stunning. It had a huge, beautiful chandelier hanging above the gorgeous Oak table that had to be at least fifteen feet long.

"I meant to mention this earlier but your house is gorgeous." Brooke said as she sat down.

"She's the one who does the decorating. I am just told where to move furniture and what paint color to do each room." Jared said pointing to Gen.

"You helped me decorate the nurseries for the boys." Gen said trying to give him some credit.

"If you mean by helping you pick a theme, then yes I did help you decorate." Jared joked.

"Sounds like a typical guy." Brooke laughed.

•••

Jensen rested his hand on Brooke's thigh as they began to drive home from dinner. Brooke was a little tipsy from the amount of wine she drank and Jensen found it amusing.

"So that wasn't as bad as you thought it was gonna be, right?" Jensen asked.

"That was great. The food was so good and Gen and Jared are so nice. Everything was just so nice." Brooke smiled, looking at Jensen with a dazed expression. "Gen invited me to go to lunch with her."

"Wow look at you making friends." Jensen laughed. "I'm happy you guys hit it off."

"Are we going home now?" Brooke asked.

"Yes, B. I'm taking you home."

"Will you stay with me?" Brooke asked giving Jensen her puppy dog eyes.

"Yes. I'll stay." Jensen smiled.

Brooke leaned over, kissing him on the cheek. "Good because I need someone to hold my hair back when I puke."