forty-four || real life

Lavender remembered essentially nothing from the night before — none of them did, except for Zayn.

"What happened?" Leigha muttered, legs wrapped around a stool as her head lay on the marble counter. Her hair was a mess, the black curls frizzy and scattered.

The singer shrugged, "You all got drunk, danced and sang karoake for like an hour — I saw some weird shit, and then I drove you all to the hotel."

Scarlett sighed as she swiped blonde strands off of her forehead, the only one who remembered to take off her makeup last night.

"I don't think we did anything, really." Lizzie added, scrolling through her Instagram with Scylla squinting over her shoulder, mid-yawn. "Any almost booty calls?"

Zayn glanced at Scylla, who crawled over towards him and laid down in his lap, "I don't think so. I took away your phones after you watched Deadpool. You all could've grabbed them when I was asleep, though."

Lavender nodded, a soft calm in the air, until her eyes settled on an unfamiliar number as she opened her call list. Her expression dropped, and Leigha jerked to scrutinize it.

They all stood to attention, as much as they could without moving, at least.

"Uhhh... I'm going to go buy some food." zayn quickly stated, hugging his girl before leaving the suite in a hurry. Drama wasn't his thing, and women still managed to confuse him.

"Was it...?" Lizzie asked, not needing to finish the sentence for them to know who she was implying.

Lavender sighed, "i have no idea if that's her number or not." She ran a hand through her hair, eyebrows furrowed. It felt more like a mane — knotted and crunchy? She cringed, making a mental note to shower soon.

"Tell Sebastian ." Scarlett poured herself a glass if water, "He can tell her to fuck right off."

"I don't want him to get too involved 'cause they're still coworkers and he still needs to have that sort of chemistry with her instead of being angry." Lavender bit her lip, frowning. she slid the phone over the marble island, closing her eyes. This was doing her headache no good.

Scylla had opened the freezer and was currently twirling a spoonful of ice cream, "It's not like he's already mad."

"Good point. Should I ignore her? What if we're overreacting and it's not even her?"

"See if Sebastian has her number," Scarlett rubbed her temple, before gazing at her, "Just ignore her. Try not to escalate things. We're not children anymore; we can't just duke things out."

"Mmm." Lavender nodded, as she turned off her phone, sighing. It was too much for her to deal with. She'd focus on her concert instead, the tour dates a looming cloud over her head. She had to plan carefully and meticulously, and it never went without at least a week with her not sleeping.

Scylla frowned at the vacant stare in her eyes, but continued eating her ice cream in silence.

Leigha tilted her head, reaching for a banana off of the fruit platter behind her, "Y'know, I never thought that I would see a random bitch try to steal someone else's man this obviously."

Lizzie laughed, too light-hearted Lavender
guessed it was more for her benefit, "It's high school all over again."

They traded half-hearted jokes until their heads cleared and scarlett found a stash of advil, to which the hotel rook was then filled with cackles and obnoxous giggles until they all parted around the suite to clean up or sleep.

a/n: bless u all- this has 4k+ views tysm

a/n: edited 06.09.19

edited 05.17.20