Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Recap: "Shhh, Emmy its okay." His bruised hand came up, brushing the tears off her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," Emmy choked out, wrapping her hands around him tightly, "I'm sorry."

"There is nothing to be sorry about Emmy..."

But there is Shawn. Emmy thought, but there is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

Emmy didn't know how long she had been clutching onto Shawn; her tears were long gone now. The only comforting sound was Shawn's heartbeat pounding against her chest and the tickling of his hot breath on her neck.

She pulled back to look at him straight into his eyes, his clear blue eyes looked at her through a guarded expression. His lips were mashed into a grim line. It was as if he expected Emmy to bombard him with questions, questions he obviously did not want to answer.

Reluctantly Emmy tore her gaze away from him, standing up. "Let's get you home." She extended her arm out, making sure her voice came out detatched.

Shawn nodded, gripping her hand tightly. Emmy struggled to keep her balance as she heaved Shawn up, he wasn't exactly a light kitten.

Once on his feet, Emmy could see the full extent of the damage on his body. His face was patched with dark purple bruises, only the bruise underneath his cheekbone looked a nasty dark purple, mixed with brown. There were scratches, and a couple of deep cuts on his forearms, the blood at least looked dry. His pinky on his right hand looked twisted, which Emmy was sure meant it was sprained. Shawn's left ankle was swollen, and his usual casual posture was hunched over probably in pain from the blows he had received. He really did look bad, Emmy bit her lip nervously watching him cautiously.

"Do I look that bad?" He tried smiling, a bit of blood trickled down his mouth.

She let out a gust of air. "Do you want to hear the truth?"

"Nope," he grinned, before breaking into coughing spasms.

"I was going to say you look extremely handsome," she chirped, winking at him. Whoa where did that confidence come from?

"I know," he chuckled darkly, beginning to walk forward. Shawn stumbled, only catching himself on a trashcan.