Chapter 8 Part 1

I divided up this chapter into two, because I want the second part to be more dramatic :)

please enjoy part 1, I hope it isnt too short!

Thank you to dancingontherainbow for telling me I had over 12 votes :D haha I didnt notice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

Emmy blinked rapidly, shuffling closer to Tyler. Tyler’s soft brown eyes, hardened and narrowed as he followed Emmy line of sight. Standing there little than three feet away looking like he had a care in the world was Shawn pressing up against a girl whose electric hair was wrapped around him like vines.

Tyler gave a loud cough, wrapping an arm around her securely. “Shawn.”

Shawn jumped at the sound of his voice, irritation flashed in his eyes before a look of horror replaced his face when he saw Emmy’s questioning glare. “Oh,” he rubbed his back, “Hey Ems.”

Emmy felt her stomach drop,  “So is your business done now?” She dropped her gaze to the floor.

“So is she a good fuck,” Emmy could hear a smirk in Tyler’s voice. “Personally I like my women without crayon colored hair.

Shawn didn’t respond, she could feel the weight of his stare on her. She couldn’t meet his eyes. She knew the disappointment in her eyes was obvious. I just thought he was different, Emmy thought sadly.

She gripped her hands into knuckles, “Can you take me home Tyler?”

“But Ems,” Shawn shuffled closer. Emmy cringed away from his outstretched hand, turning to stare at the dry, white plastered wall. “I’m leaving with Tyler.”

“I’m taking her home Davis,” Tyler glared at him. “I’m sure she doesn’t know who you are.

Shawn froze, his smirk sliding off his face. His eyebrows furrowed together, and his clenched jaw made Emmy want to wrap her hands around him. He doesn’t deserve it.

The truth was Shawn wasn’t being honest with Emmy, and if he wasn’t going to giver he answers then she would get them somewhere.

“What are we?” Emmy motioned between her and Shawn, giving all her concentration to ignore Tyler.

“What do you mean?” Shawn’s voice came out soft, his face looking vulnerable.

A knot tied itself around her throat, she gulped. “Are we even friends, or are you just keeping me here so I won’t talk about what happened in that alley?” Her heart began to beat, she already knew the answer and it was plainly written across his face.

Biting hard on her lower lip, Emmy held back the tears threatening to leak out of her eyes. “Stay away from me Shawn,” her voice broke.

She didn’t wait for his response. With one last glance at the pastel kitchen, she turned her heel to walk out, leaving all of them behind. She didn’t care anymore. Her heart had been lost and torn since the day her brother was murdered.

“Emmy,” Tyler’s hand gripped her shoulder. “I’ll take you home.”

Emmy closed her eyes, and nodded, not questioning him how he’d managed to catch up. A part of her wished Shawn would’ve followed her, no, Emmy thought, stop thinking about him.

She climbed into his car, turning to stare at the fogged up window. “What do you know about Shawn?”

Emmy turned slowly, to face Tyler, watching his knuckles whiten against the steering wheel.

“He’s a murderer.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it was a good read :)

this time I'll check regulary! so ten votes for next chapter ;)

comment if you want more!

and...

thank yoou for reading :D

So Im working with a small publishing firm to publicate Defining you. This is only a first draft.

So far chapter one has been edited through their editor and oh gawd! it's amazing!

I'll see if theyll allow me to post it here on wattpad!

Its in two version, first person, and in third.

soo pleeaaaseee comment..