Chapter 9 part 2

Chapter 9 Part 2

He pushed past the swaying bodies with more force than necessary. The crowd opened, giving him a wide berth. He could imagine Emmy's face, she would probably be amazed. A small smile crept onto his face at the thought of Emmy. She was pretty average as far as girls went. Long blonde hair, a pretty face, but her eyes, they were the deep color of the ocean and every time he looked at them he could feel himself getting lost in them. No, he snapped back into focus, sliding into the kitchen easily. The blinding white light stung his eyes, making him forget all about Emmy.

"Good to see you here Shawn." Bert, a broad shouldered muscular sixteen boy came over to pat Shawn on the back. No sixteen year old had the right too look like the incredible hulk minus the green color.

"Is he waiting for me," he motioned at the open door far off to the kitchen table. Bert nodded, moving to block Shawn from the view of others.

"He's not happy," Bert started, flexing unconciously.

Shawn grimaced, clenching his fists. He had to face it, and if he wanted to have a normal life he would need to get out of this business, alive or dead.

"Thanks man," he patted Bert's shoulder, "But Ive got it under control."

The first thing Shawn saw when he walked into the makeshift office was a plump man who looked so out of place with all the teenage girls around him. The man gave the girls a small slap to heir bums to exit the office. They smiled as they passed Shawn, one of them with hair that looked like a crayola box puked all over her smiled shyly up at him. The door closed with an inaudible click, sending shivers up Shawn's back. Not so long ago had he been in an office like this, only that time Shawn had made the mistake to piss the old man off earning Shawn two deaths onto his conscience. One the girl he had loved, and the second an older boy with almost too perfect features except for his crooked nose.

"Shawn," the man greeted him taking a long drag from a pipe. "Did you enjoy my last present?"

He grimaced, planting a smirk on his lips. "A beating in an alley, very creative."

Shawn watched him toss the pipe carelessy aside. "I need the money Shawn."

"And I need more time." Shawn twisted his mouth. "I told you Al im working on it."

Al studied him for a moment, breaking into a toothy grin that showed his yellow, decaying teeth. "What do you see Shawn?"

"Teeth that need serious dental help," he muttered but said louder. "I see you Al and I see you rounding up new recruits," Shawn motioned towards the doors where the girls had left.

"Ah yes, fresh new ones. They are good for business, as can be your little friend, Emmy is it?" He smiled.

Shawn didnt realize he had moved until Bert was suddenly restraining him.

"Take it easy Shawn," Bert muttered, fighting to keep Shawn from beating the living daylights out of Al.

"Dont you dare touch her," he spat, seeing red. "You dont go near her, you hear me?"

"Maybe she can help you pay off your debt," Al shrugged. "You can always sell this again to pay me off," Al placed a packet of powder in front of Shawn. "You'll have that money ready in no time."

He broke free from Bert, throwing a punch at Al's scrunched up face. The man dodged it neatly, throwing Shawn into the wall.

"Dont play games with me boy," Al snarled. "I want my money in a month or the blonde meets the same end as Jenna did."

At the sound of her name I stopped strugging, my muscles seemed to have paralyzed. Not even the smug smile on Al's face could make him launch himself at him. He had taken Jenna's life. Innocent Jenna with her round doe eyes and infectious smile that made people stop and watch her pass. Jenna the girl who had been his childhood friend. The friend who had her whole life planned until Shawn made the mistake of loving her. He had killed her because of his love. They say love never kills, but did the poet ever think of it literally?