I

Sweat drenched the Cuban’s face. Thousands of hands reached out in hopes of just one touch, even if it lasted for less than a second. Voices screamed lyrics along with the musician, however the music blaring from the speakers was so loud that no one could hear themselves shout. Cell phones lit up the stadium as they recorded the performance.

    After three encore songs the singer was escorted offstage by his security.
    “Great show tonight, Lance.” Keith, his manager, commented as they walked to his dressing room. It wasn't much. A mirror with bright lights for his artists to do his makeup. A chair in front of it. Frames lined one of the walls of autographed pictures of those who had performed here before Lance.
    A long red couch was pushed against the opposite wall. Immediately he flopped down on it and pushed back his sweat dripping curls.
    “Thanks.” He replied hoarsely. “I need a haircut. Do we have time for that tomorrow?”
    “Yes, when we leave tomorrow we can do it. We have two days to get to our next venue.”
    “Great.” He smiled and stretched out, kicking off his shoes. He curled up with his back to Keith, relaxing for the evening.
    “Night Lance. See you in the morning.” Keith said softly as he left the dressing room, turning the light off.

    With a sigh he pulled down his ponytail, waving over one of the security guards. Immediately he came over with a grin.
    Hunk. He was this big Hawaiian boy. He was very sweet but knew when to be forceful. He was probably Lance and Keith’s favorite of the guards.
    “Lance fell asleep in his dressing room, will you watch his door for a few hours?” Keith grinned up to him.
    “Of course. No problem.” Hunk gave a candy-sweet grin before moving to stand against the door.

    Keith went back to the bus that sat behind the building surrounded by a fence, girls were still standing by in hopes of a glimpse of their favorite star. Some actually cheered for Keith, only the hardcore stans knew his name and cheered for him. He simply waved to the girls and stepped into the tour bus. Shutting the door and locking it behind him he moved to one of the three beds of the bus.
He hated the damned bus, not everyone got a bed every night. Lance always did. That was Keith’s call though. If he was sore and exhausted then he didn't get to do as many shows. And that meant angry fans and less money coming in to them all.
    The lights were already off but he flipped them on to take off his shoes and blazer jacket. He lied the jacket over the table that jetted out of the wall and could be put up for more room. He shoved his shoes under the twin sized bed before taking off his belt and just tossing it down on the floor. He clicked the lights back off and padded back to bed. With a small sigh he flopped on his back. As soon as he closed his eyes someone opened the door to the bus, annoyed eyes peeled back open.
    One of the roadies, Keith didn't even know her name, smiled slightly as she stepped in.
    “Were you sleeping Keith?” She asked mousley.
    “I was trying, yes.” He huffed.
    “I'm sorry. I needed to talk to you.” Her face matched her voice. She was pale and short. Her hair came down to her mid back and was a dirty blonde. She had brown eyes that were as big as her head. She could lift as much as the other roadies, and was great with wiring the sound systems for the shows.
    “What about?” He asked, the irritation soaking his voice’s tone.
    “Us.” She mumbled.
    Keith quirked a brow. “What about us?”
    “Um, well, we’ve been friends for a while now,” Not really. “And I've been meaning to say this for a while now…” She took a long pause. So long it was actually irritating him more. “I have a crush on you.” She suddenly sputtered out.
    Keith froze, although he was practically unmoving already. “You what?” Was all he could manage.
    “I-I have feelings for you.”
    “Oh.” He didn't know what to say without sounding rude. Or terrible. Slowly he sat up, it wasn't like he could sleep now anyways. “Well, um, what does that mean exactly?”
    “That I'd like to date you.” She said in a ‘Isn't it obvious’ voice.
    “And are you asking me out or just telling me?”
    “Asking.” She replied meekly.
    “I'll think about it.” He said softly. “Goodnight.”

    No. There was no way he was dating a girl he didn't even know the name of and that he was stuck on a tour with. No. There was no way in hell.
    In the morning Keith made his way out of the bus to go see Lance. Hunk was asleep on the ground beside the door. He smiled slightly at him before lightly tapping on the door. He entered after no reply. Lance was half asleep at his make up table, on his phone.
    “People are pissed.” He said once Keith was in and the door was shut.
    “Why?” He asked simply, stepping closer to peer at his phone.
    “Because I didn't greet anyone afterwards. Neither did Shiro. They're complaining on my twitter, Shiro’s, and the band’s. And I think yours.”
    “You don't have to greet them. There was no meet and greet mentioned.”
    “I know, but I usually do after shows and”
    “Most of your shows don't have encores.” Keith said softly. “And aren't back to back. I'll post something later as an apology, but you don't owe it to them.”
    “Yeah, I guess you're right.” Lance sighed. His voice was hoarse.
    “If your voice still sounds like that we can wait a few days for the next show.” Keith offered.
    “I'll be fine by the time we get there.” He gave a soft grin. God. Keith could see why the girls just melted. Wait. What? No. That was inappropriate. He was his manager. He wasn't supposed to have feelings, for clients at least.
    “Keith? Are you alright?” Lance asked softly. “You look like you just saw a lion or something.”
    “Have you ever been asked out by someone you didn't really know? Or liked for that matter?” He asked hesitantly.
    “Besides weirdos on my social media? No, not really. I usually do the asking out.”
    “Oh.”
    “Why? Who asked you out?” He asked, almost defensively. Who was Lance kidding? It was defensively.
    “One of your roadies. I don't even know her name. The tiny blonde one.”
    “Stevie? I thought she was gay.” He said softly to himself. “Do you not like her?”
    “Not the way she likes me. I don't even know her. Why should I go out with her?”
    “Well, she's really sweet. Maybe take her on one date and see if you have anything actually in common. If not then don't date her anymore.”
    “Wouldn't it be awkward after that?”
    “As long as you don't fuck her, you'll be fine.” Lance laughed, but he was completely serious. He doubted Keith was ‘sex on the first date’ type. But maybe he was. He didn't know, he wished he did though. He'd love to take Keith on a date, but that was his secret. It was probably inappropriate for him to have feelings for his manager, right?