V

“What do you mean?” Keith shouted into his phone. Shiro and Lance sat together as they watched him pace. Hunk talked quietly to Shay as Keith yelled.
    “Then your contract is over! I don't give a shit!” Keith put as much emphasis on his cursing as he could.
    “Bye.” He huffed and hung up with a groan. He pulled his hair into a tight ponytail. “I'm playing guitar for you guys tonight and until we can find a new guitarist.”
    “What?” Shiro asked sharply. “Rolo quit?” He growled, a fist clenching on the patio table. They were currently poolside as a way to pass some time.
    “Yes.” Keith said through gritted teeth before taking a deep breath. “But that's okay. He was a piece of shit anyways.” He was clearly pissed.
    “Agreed but he was a talented piece of shit.” Lance sighed.
    “I can play just as well so we’re fine for now.”
    “Does that mean our date is canceled?” Stevie asked from behind him, making him practically jump out of his skin.
    “Yes.” Keith said after taking a breath. He didn't bother apologizing. All eyes were on him, waiting for him to say sorry. He wasn't.
    “What guitar are you using? He probably took his with him.” Lance said, standing to take off his jacket. It was warm out.
    “I keep mine with me on tour. It's under the bus with the rest of our gear.” He sighed and took a seat with Lance and Shiro. He held his head in his hand.
    Lance set his hand. “Hey.” He whispered and leaned closer to him. “Take a breath. Everything is fine.”
    Keith nodded and held onto his hand for only a moment before sitting straight. He kept go of his hand and tightened his ponytail before taking a deep breath.
    “We’ve dealt with worse.” Lance said, Shiro nodded then. “And we can deal with this.” He gave a smile to Shiro and Keith. Shay wasn't bothered by Rolo quitting. She still had her job and they already had a solution; plus she was more fixated on Hunk’s story. He was talking about his job back home, teaching little kids ukulele.
    Stevie was still watching them, angry that he canceled their date.
    “Keith,” She whispered. “Can we talk privately?”
    Silently he got up and followed her away from the pool.
    “Why aren't you having one of the guys play guitar tonight?” She gritted out.
    “Because last time it was a train wreck. He didn't even know half the chords to most of the songs and the others didn't want to do it.” Keith said simply, crossing his arms.
    “I feel like you're trying to get out of our date.” She murmured.
    “To be honest, I am.” He said bluntly. Her heart sank instantly.
    “Why?” Her voice cracked.
    “I didn't even know your name until yesterday. I know nothing about you and I don't want a girlfriend right now.”
    “Right.” She huffed, her hands were shaking. “You want a boyfriend. You want Lance.”
    “W-Why would you think that?” Keith asked in a hushed tone.
    “Keith. I'm not an idiot.” She whispered. “You held his hand just now. You fell asleep against him. I see how you look at him. You're in love with him— why don't you just date him?”
    “I can't.” He swallowed. “A-And I promised you—”
    “I don't want to go on a date with you anymore.” She said bluntly. “When we get to our Denver show I'm leaving.” With that she walked back to the gazebo with the other groupies. Keith once again tightened his ponytail before walking back to Lance. Blue eyes scanned over his manager’s demeanor.
    “Are you okay?”
    “Great.” He smiled to him. Now that that weight was lifted all they had to worry about now was Lance and the fan.

    Hours passed and it was time for the concert. Keith had changed to a black v-neck with a maroon bandana tied around his neck and a dark pair of jeans. He had a black with red trim Fender guitar on his back as he and Shiro went on stage to tune and get the volume set as few began to fill the stadium. Nationwide Arena wasn't their largest venue, but it definitely wasn't their smallest. People already began to cheer, just from them tuning. Chatter about Keith was heard; and where the hell Rolo could be. Once they had tuned and Pidge told them they were set they went backstage to wait. Lance was standing in the doorframe to the backstage area, smoking.
    Keith bit his lip and walked up to him. “When did you start smoking?”
    “A few weeks ago.” Lance said softly. “Just when I'm stressed.”
    “You're stressed? I thought concerts relaxed you.”
    “Not when I have to ask someone out.” Lance huffed.
    “You don't have to.” Keith put a hand on his shoulder.
    Lance blew out smoke from his nostrils. “Yes. I do.” He dropped his cigarette and stomped it out. “Let's go.”
    Keith was taken by the hand and dragged out on stage by Lance, the crowd screaming as they all walked out. Shay was already set.
    Lance greeted the crowd and made a joke about corn, which was probably laughed harder at than any other joke he had told while on tour. Ohioans were easy to entertain.
    He opened up with two songs off their most recent album, then their most popular one. He made another joke and smiled to the crowd.
    “Now this next song isn't ours, but it's damn good.” He laughed to himself. “Keith, I hope you know how to play this.” He smirked back to him. Keith looked to Shiro who mouthed ‘Creep.’
    “When you were here before, I couldn't look you in the eye.” Lance sang in more of a jazzy tone than how Radiohead had originally sang it. He motioned for Keith to come closer. He strode closer, playing still as he did so. Lance smiled widely then and cupped Keith’s jaw.
     “You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry.” He practically purred, gently he rested their foreheads together and moved to put a hand in Keith’s hair.
    “You float like a feather, in a beautiful world.”
    The crowd screamed as Lance stepped closer to Keith.
    “You're so fucking special. I wish I was special.” He crescendoed as he sang, kissing Keith deeply before walking back toward the center of the stage. Flushed a deep red Keith took a few steps back, his playing didn't falter at all.
    “But I'm a creep.” He sang and moved to pull Keith back center with him. He pushed the mic to his mouth with a smirk.
    “I'm a weirdo.” Keith sang confidently with a smirk right back at Lance.
    “What the hell are we doin’ here? We don’t belong here.” They sang together with loving smiles for each other. The crowd was going fucking nuts.
    “I don't care if it hurts.” Lance sang. “I wanna perfect body, I wanna perfect soul.”
    “I want you to notice, when I'm not around.” Keith sang then. “You're so fucking special, I wish I was special.”
    “But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here.” They once again sang together.
    “He's running out again,” Lance once more purred and cupped Keith’s cheek. “He's running out. Run, run, run, run, run…”
    They let Shiro have a small bass solo, which his fangirls cried over.
    “Whatever makes you happy. Whatever you want. You're so fucking special, I wish I was special.” Lance whisper sang, looking Keith in the eye. “But I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here, I don't belong here…”
    After holding out the last note he kissed Keith again, the crowd screaming. Some girls booing; as they wanted him for themselves.
    Slowly they parted but it didn't last long. Nearly every song they sang together and were all over one another.
    By the time it was almost over Lance looked to Keith. They were both drenched in sweat, but Keith knew what was about to happen. Lance walked all the down to the edge of the stage and had Hunk get out a girl he pointed to from the crowd and help her, and only her, make it on stage safely.
    A roadie pulled out a chair while Hunk helped her on stage. Lance took her hand and led her to a seat. Her entire face was red.
    “Hi.” Lance grinned. “What's your name?”
    “Rheanne.” She squeaked quietly as the mic was put up to her.
    “Well, Rheanne, did you know what I was going to do at a concert tonight?” He smiled.
    She nodded quickly.
    “Well, would you like to accompany me for breakfast tomorrow morning?”
    “Y-Yes!” She smiled and covered her face, Lance gave her a peck on the cheek and she turned about ten shades darker. Hunk helped her off stage and was very sure to make sure that no one would hurt her once she was back in her spot. Hunk also got her address so they could get her tomorrow.
    After that was taken care of they sang a few more songs before they were asked for an encore. He did about five more songs before calling it a night and walking out with Keith and Shiro both holding his hand. (He had asked them to.)
    Once they were backstage Keith put a hand on his shoulder and sat him down. He was paler than usual but his face was still red.
    “Will someone get him some water?” Keith asked, pushing back Lance's hair before helping him take off his jacket. Shiro had run off to get him a bottled water, coming back as soon as his jacket was off. Keith poured some into his hand and gently patted his face with it before giving him the bottle to drink.
    “Did you drink any water today?” Keith whispered as he drank the cold water, he shook his head no. “Lance. You need to. Everyday. You dehydrate so fast.” He held his hand while he drank the water. He felt faint while on stage but he didn't take his jacket off. (Someone once climbed onstage and stole one from him.)
    Once he had cooled down a bit Keith helped him stand, Shiro had taken his guitar and put it away for him.
    Keith held onto Lance as they walked outside to the bus. Lance only waved to his fans, he wasn't wasting time to go sign autographs. There was a signing session at tomorrow’s show.

    “You feeling any better?” Keith asked as they stepped inside. Lance locked the door behind him and reached up to push in the top bunk. “What are you doing?” He asked.
    “This.” He whispered and this time cupped both of Keith’s cheeks, kissing him harshly. Keith absolutely melted for only a moment.
    “Wait—” Keith stammered. Lance pulled back. “Wait till we get to the hotel, okay?”
    “Okay.” Lance whispered before reluctantly unlocking the door. The gear was being packed quickly and was almost all already loaded.
    Shiro joined them in the bus, they now sat on the bed. Pidge and Hunk then joined. The roadie that was driving for the night started the bus up and took them back to the hotel along with the other cars.
    Keith and Lance hurried to their room with wicked grins. Lance laughed as he fell back onto his bed, Keith moved on top of him with a laugh. Gently he pressed kisses to his lips repeatedly as their laughs dulled to giggles and then to nothing. They locked fingers against the bed, Keith had his legs on either side of him. He kissed slowly down Lance’s neck, biting it softly every now and then. Lance let go of his hands to take off Keith’s bandana and to take out his ponytail. Keith winced with a small gasp.
    “I'm sorry.” Lance whispered.
    “It's okay.” He smiled. “Really.”
    Slowly they reunited their lips, bodies completely pressed to one another. Lance rolled them over so he was over Keith. He leaned down to kiss his freshly exposed neck, another small gasp left Keith but this one was different. This one was definitely not because of pain; but pleasure.
    “Sorry,” Keith whispered. “I'm nervous.”
    “Is this your first time?” Lance murmured.
    “No, I've been nervous before.”
    Lance immediately busted out laughing. “I meant sex.” He laughed.
    “O-Oh,” Keith flushed. “Yes.”
    “Me too.”