Experiments

I don't own anything.

Yuichiro's POV

"He's even better than her...his potential is off the charts."

"Y-yes, indeed."

What? Where...

I slowly opened my eyes, and saw two scientists talking to each other behind a desk, seemingly about me. I tried to move, but nothing happened. I noticed the desk had the same buttons I saw when saving Mirai. But...I was at a different perspective.

Wait. I'm...there's no way. Guren would never let something like this happen! But he knew about Mirai, so he should know about me. Would he?

I tried to move, but the movements felt slow and tired. I could barely move at all. I felt like Mirai looked. The scientists noticed I was awake, and spoke to me.

"Yuichiro. You're finally awake. You know, your friends were very stubborn. None of them could believe the 'accident' story we came up with. It took some serious arguing."

The other one started, "Yes, all of your teammates were extremely stubborn. However, we have more pressing matters to attend to."

"I-Indeed."

"Yuichiro, do you know my name?"

I didn't move.

"Of course not. I am Miyagi. And this is my colleague, Endo."

I blinked, watching the two of them. Miyagi seemed to be informative, while Endo was quiet. Interesting.

Miyagi walked towards me, and put his fingers against the glass separating us. I felt his heartbeat. His blood was pumping regularly, and I could hear every sound. Every gurgle produced by this man's intestines were filling my head with a mix of disgust and curiosity.

"Weird, isn't it?" Miyagi said as he moved away.

I hadn't noticed before, but the tank was filled with some thick dark red liquid, and I could only guess what it was. Someone had put a helmet-type thing on me so I could see through the front. There were also wires attaching my arms and legs to the sides of the tank.

I watched him silently as he walked behind the desk full of buttons. He pressed a red button on the left of the desk, and I felt the liquid in the tank start to drain, and my body went limp. I couldn't move. It must have been something in the liquid. I leaned against the glass, and the wires started to lift me up again.

"Do you know what that liquid is made of?" Miyagi muttered as he walked back towards me, "It's vampire blood and my favorite numbing agent, Lidocaine."

"I-Indeed." Endo responded. "M-Miyagi is the doctor...and I a-am the v-vivisector. Let's have f-fun together, okay? Gehehe..."

Vivisector...? What?

The glass lifted, and the wires let go of me. I fell, but Endo caught me. His hands were cold, and his fingers thin. He flipped me over. When I looked up, I saw a creepy smile plastered on Endo's face. Miyagi helped him take me to a room labeled, "T."

What could that mean...?

When Endo opened the door, I tried to scream, but no sound came out. My throat was numbed as well as my body. I looked on in horror.

Mikaela's POV

I watched Ferid in disgust as he drained yet another defenseless child of their blood. I looked away as the limp body fell to the ground. Ferid walked up behind me, and said, "Mika, we need to find the human base soon, otherwise we'll be in trouble with Krul..."

"Shut up. The only reason I'm here is to see if Yuu-chan is close."

"I know, I know. But come on, we don't want Krul being angry now, do we?"

I looked away. Walking towards a nearby building, I muttered, "Yuu-chan, where are you...?"

Ferid started running over towards a few different buildings, and I followed close behind him. He motioned for us to split up, and I complied. He started bounding left, and I went for the right.

After two hours, I heard some voices behind a building. I listened in.

"Seriously? But he was the strongest in their group."

"I know, right? How could someone like Yuichiro be victim to a random accident so easily?"

Yuu-chan?! What could have... No way. This can't be happening. No...

"Mika~?"

I looked over at Ferid as he walked towards me. He saw my face, and whispered, "What's wrong?" I turned away, and pointed to the two humans talking.

"Mika...I think we found the human base. Let's go back and tell Krul."

"No. I'm staying here."

"Mika."

"Shut up."

"Fine, I'll be back soon. Don't get into too much trouble."

I waited until I couldn't hear Ferid's footsteps in the distance. I walked around the building, and followed the two men until they arrived at the base. They walked in the front door, but I sneaked around the back.

I can't be found. I need more information on what has happened to Yuu-chan. He still thinks I'm gone, doesn't he? Or...did?

I stopped for a second, and sat against the wall of the building.

Yuu-chan. Yuu-chan. Yuu-chan.

"YUU-CHAAAN!" I yelled suddenly.

I heard guards conversing about the noise, and I ran towards them. Fueled by my anger, I slit their throats with my sword, tears running down my face. I saw a girl with purple hair run towards me, and ask, "You knew Yuu-chan? Wait...vampire?!"

I pinned her up against the wall and yelled, "What happened to him?! Tell me!"

"There was...an accident...I don't know many details..."

"Then who does?"

"Guren...most likely...he's in... *cough* the headquarters. Go...in through the front. Dire..."

She passed out from lack of air.

Damn. I held her too long. The front...

I ran back to the main entrance, and burst through the doors. "Where the hell is Guren?" I exclaimed. Three guards ran at me, and I jumped over them.

"Sword, drink my blood! More!"

The guards turned back to face me, and I blew them away by swinging my sword. They flew to the main door, and were hit unconscious via the wall.

"Headquarters...headquarters..."

As I looked around, I noticed a map-like image on the wall. Everyone started to surround me. I fought them off, eyes searching the map, trying to find anything useful. I noticed an "H" in the middle of the map. It must have stood for headquarters. To get there, I would have to fight through many people. I have to find this Guren person. He'll tell me what happened. And if he doesn't willingly, he'll have to tell me the hard way.