Guren

I don't own anything.

Mikaela's POV

Yuu-chan...Yuu-chan...Yuu-chan...what happened?

I ran across the halls of the building, anger running through my veins. I had to find this Guren person, and soon. Running along the halls, I spotted yet another group of soldiers. I grit my teeth, and easily rip through them. The bodyguards in these halls were surprisingly easy to defeat. I expected more, if they really were defending somewhere so important.

"Mika~!" I heard Ferid yell behind me, "We have backup~! We'll take care of the people in these halls."

"Do what you will." I responded.

This would make things easier. I could keep running without an interruption every five minutes. Ferid and the others followed me, and caught up to me when there were more enemies to defeat.

I increased my speed, and left the others behind. I doubted they would notice. I stealthily darted past the last of the guards, and noticed two doors. I kicked them open, and hurried inside. It was dark.

This is weird. Why would it be dark in the headquarters? A trap?

"What is a vampire you doing here?" said a voice. It seemed to have come from the right side of the room. I looked in that direction, and a light turned on. Guren was standing there, looking triumphant.

"Are you Guren?"

"So what if I am?"

"I need to know what happened to Yuichiro Amane."

"Why would I tell you that?"

"I'll kill you if you don't."

"I'd like to see you try."

This was annoying. I just wanted to get my information and leave. Though, I probably wouldn't believe him if he said it was an accident. I would have to kill him either way, whether it be out of frustration or melancholy.

"Sword, drink my blood." I said.

My sword's thorns pricked my skin, but I didn't flinch. I had done it so many times before, so I now felt nothing. It was a numb pain.

I sprinted towards Guren, and swung my sword straight at him. He dodged me, and tried to stab me straight in the stomach. I quickly moved out of the way, turned, and sliced at him again. Guren's quick movements countered mine, but there was no way he could win. I was in this for Yuu-chan, after all. I picked up my speed, and started swinging with more precision.

"Wow, you're already proving better than I thought," He said, patronizing me, "what do you want with Yuichiro anyway?" I wasn't annoyed. I was used to Ferid speaking in the same tone.

"I'm his family."

"You are?"

"From the orphanage."
"Oh, so you're not related. That explains why you two don't look alike. You know what? I'll tell you what General Kureto's subordinates told me."

I kept my guard up. "Fine."

"They told me Yuichiro was on a mission, and died. That's all the information I got. Seems suspicious, doesn't it?"

"Extremely. He must still be alive. Yuu-chan is stronger than that."

"I know. He actually just recently saved the sister of one of his squad members. It seemed to be only a day after that he went missing. I was actually thinking of investigating the area myself, but I don't know the grounds well enough. They usually don't let me in there."

"They don't?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I...don't know."

"Why are you giving me so much information? I'm just a random intruder, aren't I?"

"You knew Yuichiro's full name. I figured that was enough."

"Is there someone who knows the grounds there better?"

"The girl he saved does. But she's in intensive care after being there."

"What happened to her?"

"Our nurses are still working on that. Even if they did get the information, the only person they'd be able to share it with would be General Kureto."

"Where is this girl? I would need her to see this place."

"Hold on, it's not even definite we'll find leads there. Though I've given you some information, I can't just take you wherever you want to go."

I sighed in annoyance. "What do you want? I just want to get back to my Yuu-chan."

"Your...?"

"Yes, mine. Problem?"

"No, no, nothing. Just tell me more about him so I'm sure we're talking about the same person."

"Green eyes and black hair, wants to protect everyone, does everything himself as much as he can-"

"Okay, okay. I get it. Tell me your name. I might have heard it from when he told me about his dreams."
"Mikaela Shindo."
"So you are him, then."

"Yes."

"I'll go get his squad, and see what they think."

"Fine. Where shall I wait?"

"No, don't wait. Come back to the front of this building at the same time tomorrow. I'll have everyone gathered here then. Don't think we won't have backup. Come alone."

I nodded, and left the same way I came. With absolute disregard to Ferid, I managed to easily escape the small part of the headquarters I had visited.