Chapter 1

This will be in POV's(Point of view's) and it will switch between characters. Anyways thanks for giving my book a try. I love you all so much and here is the story.

May's POV:

I began to clean out the junk in my locker, later than most, seeing as I just finished with our school Newspaper's end of the year, staff party. It was the long awaited last day of Junior year, at Melbrooke Waters High, which of course meant that we had to clear the books, and papers that were once neatly placed in notebooks and binders that filled the lockers. As I set out shoving everything in my locker I was joined by any other student who was a member of the Newspaper, and teachers who would have the job of taking down the things that made their rooms unique that year. While I was trying to shove the endless piles of trash into my backpack I heard the song "Count on Me" by Bruno Mars begin to play in the back pocket of my denim jeans. I smiled in anticipation as I hurriedly answered the phone.

"So?!" I asked my best friend quickly.

"I won!" Kamryn said, obviously as excited, if not more than I am.

"Oh my goodness! Are you being serious?!?" I screamed into the phone, earning confused looks from the remaining people in the halls.

"Of course I'm being serious doofus. Why would I joke about this once in a lifetime opportunity?" Kam laughed into the phone, before saying "Gosh you're really dumb sometimes May,"  in a joking manner.

"I can't believe you won!" I laughed as well, a smile ever-present on my face.

"Me neither, I'm coming to get you, we can talk about all of the details then." She said, followed by our goodbyes.
I laughed to myself, knowing that this was going to be one of the best summer vacations. Kam had just won the National photography contest for teens, and the prize was for you and someone else to travel all over the world, to be given an opportunity to take photos of the beautiful scenery, and even not so beautiful conditions, plus a new camera. She's an amazing photographer, and her passion shows through her photos.

I grab the last couple of books from the once full locker and carry them outside, seeing as my bag was almost overflowing with papers and books. I saw her old Jeep and hurriedly ran towards the sunshine yellow vehicle, throwing my things in the back before hopping into the passenger side.

"Oh my gosh Kam, I'm so proud of you. Congratulations on winning!" I said with a smile before leaning over and gifting her with a hug.

"Thank you May, this is really exciting!" She laughed as she started her hand me down Jeep, her usual calm and chill persona nowhere to be seen as she was radiating her happiness.

"Kam, put on your seatbelt, you don't want to get a ticket right before we leave do you?" I scolded her with a playfully stern look. She glared at me jokingly before sighing and putting it on.

"Whatever mother," she said with an over exaggerated huff. She laughed at my awed expression before I started laughing too.

As we step into my house I scream, "I'm home!" before my mother came down the stairs looking tired.

"Really May, I just got your brother down for a nap, keep it down"

"Anyway, we have exciting news to tell you" I said jumping up and down as my mom and Kamryn laughed at me.

"So can I go, please I won't talk to creepy people, I have enough money for food and stuff, and this would be a great experience?" I pleaded with my mother as we all sat around the dining table in our small kitchen.

She looked unsure for a minute before I gave her my best puppy dog face. She sighed before slowly nodding her head. Kamryn and I began jumping around screaming in happiness before we heard a giggle from the stairs.

"Really girls?" My mother expressed tiredly, rubbing her face with her hands before getting up from the table with a sigh. She went over to the stairs and saw that the boy was gone, he had come to the kitchen and started dancing with the two seventeen year old girls.

"I will never understand them," she sighed with a laugh.

~~~One week later~~~

"I'm so excited!" Kamryn said, dancing around in her seat as my mom and her mom sat in the front of the Suburban, and drove us out of Melbrooke, Texas, to the airport in Dallas.

"So am I!" I exclaimed, laughing as I joined her in her dancing to the song 'Stressed Out' by Twenty One Pilots.

About two hours of singing and dancing later, we arrived at the airport, we checked in at the front and went through all of the security procedures. After even more waiting, our plane was called to start boarding.

"I'm going to miss you, mama." I said as I gripped my mom in a tight embrace. I had never gone that far from my mom before.

"I'm gonna miss you too mi hija, make sure you call at least every other day, and don't do anything stupid." She said, calling me her daughter in Spanish, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Oh mom, please don't cry, your still gonna have Carlos and Papa with you and I promise I'll call and send pictures."

"You're right sweetie, but I can't help but worry" she paused, wiping her eyes, "but you better call me, or else." She said as hugged me one last time. I walked over to Kam as she finished saying her goodbyes with her Mother.

"You ready?" she asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say as we collect our things and board the plane.

This was the first chapter, so did you like it? Tell me what you think, I really hoped you liked it. More coming soon, I promise.

Lots of Love,

Jazzy.