Epilogue

THE POMEGRANATE seeds became the mark of time spent by Persephone between the two realms. As seasons changed, time passed, and soon as the first snow falls, a show of grief by Demeter for their separation, Persephone was greeted by Hecate at their appointed venue. Hecate smiled at her with an exasperated smile and she nodded her head in understanding before rolling her eyes.

She let her mother hugged her, whined, and nagged her to be careful of Hades' treachery. With a final kiss to her temple, Demeter finally let her go and as the earth swallowed them, her full wrath was unleashed but this time, the mortals were prepared.

Persephone's journey towards Hades was filled with Hecate frustratingly telling her the happenings during her absence. She shook her head fondly at her husband's childishness. Becoming such a stern, stoic ruler again, his temper more easily ignited, scaring Hermes more than once during his errands.

She was greeted by excitement from Cerberus, a shy, relieved smile from Charon, and the spirits seemed to light up by her presence. She reached the throne room to hear Hades angrily dismissing the court.

The judges came out and saw her, their smiles wide and mischievous, leaving none of the tension she had seen a glimpse of. With a fond pat on her shoulder, they opened the doors wide for her, just in time to see Thanatos reaching the handle. Death looked so relieved then, and he finally smiled as he let her in, closing the door firmly.

She was greeted to the sight of Hades, tension about him staring outside his windows.

"Thanatos, I thought I told you I do not need you anymore tonight," he said wearily.

She smiled as she felt him stiffen as she embraced him. "Then do you not need me, husband?"

Hades turned them so quickly it left her gasping and no sooner did he kiss her before embracing her tightly, his head on hers. "I missed you so much, Persephone."

"And I, you," She whispered. Hades moved to kiss her again but she placed her hand atop his mouth as she smiled sweetly and steel in her eyes. "Shall we discuss your lack of faith in me now or after, beloved husband of mine?" She lifted her hand to let him speak. He chuckled instead as he embraced her again.

"Later, please. I missed you too much for that. Definitely later."

"Yes, dearest," she replied cheekily making him laugh again.

IN THEIR caves, the Moirai hooted as the heavy air in the Underworld cleared. Finally, Persephone was back to set that lovesick Hades straight. A lovesick Hades, who would have thought. The Moirai praised each other for their hard work as they pulled another thread and whispered conspiringly.

The seasons had changed, Hades was with a queen and their tale shall last long in the heart of men, twisted granted but nevertheless. The Moirai grinned as they waited for another delicious story to unfold in the wheels of fate. A story unlike that of pomegranates and changing seasons.

A/N: Hello and thank you for staying throughout the story

A/N: Hello and thank you for staying throughout the story. I would like to continue this collection of mine but I dearly hope it comes with support. You are welcome to give requests for me on which Greek myths you would like me to write. Sorry for the lengths inconsistency, this is originally a long one-shot that I decided to break into parts. Again, thank you. Feel free to check out my short story, Dearest Fairy Godmother.

Illustration by Sandara (http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/hades-and-persephone-2-210920648)