Preview of PulchraGea Volume 2

Research log 31755
Dr. Guinivir Michelt
Director of Archaeology
University of Oasis

The footage that blinked into being was incredibly shaky, recorded from a handheld holoscroll, depicting a dark and dingy dungeon. The floor was muddy from where the groundwater of the desert oasis had seeped into the underground temple over the centuries since it had been buried. Occasionally the hand of Dr. Michelt came into view as she brushed away the dirt for a better view of the ancient PulchraGean runes.
  Finally, the camera steadied. Her slim, athletic frame came into view. Her almond skin was slathered in dirt and mud, covered in scrapes and cuts.  Her cinnamon hair and eyes the color of spun gold came sharply into focus as she leaned forward to adjust some settings. She stepped back again, satisfied.
  In the background was a vine covered dais. On the dais was a throne of crumbling stone, chained to which was the skeleton of some hideous and unknown creature. A little taller than a human and with digitigrade legs, the creature also sported thick, clawed arms and a pair of ram-like horns.
  Dr. Guinivir Michelt bespoke her credentials into the camera, then began her report.
  She began by reciting some history and folk tales of the yellow tribe and their ancient enemy 'iaguo,' pronounced "YAG-yoo-oh," the Skull Man, a trickster demon fond of games, often ones which he rigged.
  She told of how she'd tracked this ruin down, and how her team had either perished or fled in terror.
  As she spun her tale, she was completely unaware of the sculpted clay vase that fell to the floor and crumbled into sand, leaving only a blood-red blob on the floor that looked suspiciously like congealed blood. It blackened like a shadow and spread in the background of the camera's view, creeping ever closer to Michelt.
  As she paused for breath, it disappeared. Then without warning Dr. Michelt was dragged screaming away into the shadows, a shadowy like connecting her like a vein to the skeleton on the throne.