Keystone Colors and Challenges

Since I'm having trouble remembering the keystones and their various challenges, as well as the individual meanings of said challenges, I'm laying them out here for posterity.

1) Gold Keystone

-Location: Big Rock, in the vicinity of the Gateway Arch.

-Challenge: "Fear not, for I am with you."

-Meaning: This challenge is designed to test the Chosen King's ability to set fear aside and trust in God's power. The closer to the light the initiate goes with fear of failure in their heart, the dimmer it glows, allowing the nearby gargoyles to break out of their shell. This test, like the rest, is designed to test the initiate's reliance on the Holy Spirit upon them. However, a sufficiently fearless or pure person might be able to pass this test.

-Affinity: Light

-Associated Rangersword: Aether, aka Joyeuse.

2) Ruby Keystone

-Location: Shadow Mines of Mount Spilmor (unsure why, since Red Tribe is Clifford)

-Challenge: "I am with you always."

-Meaning: This challenge is not for the Chosen, but for the spirit on them. This is simply to ensure that the Holy Spirit is within.

-Affinity: Fire

Associated Rangersword: Inferno

3) Green Keystone

-Location: Forest of Illusions

-Challenge: "When I am weak, He is strong."

-Meaning: This Challenge pits the Chosen against an identical doppelganger of themselves. The goal is to remind that one's own strength is not always sufficient to overcome all obstacles. Rather, similar to the incident with the basalisk, the goal is to give the situation over to the Holy Spirit and allow His strength to bolster your spirit. It is possible for a particularly unpredictable opponent to prevail, though unlikely.

-Affinity: Earth

-Associated Rangersword: Loam

4) Blue Keystone

-Location: Anoxic cenote in a cave in the bay outside Bay City

-Challenge: "The air I breathe."

-Meaning: This challenge tests resolve to continue on, even when all seems against you and all hope seems lost. Victory is found in Him. Press forth and have faith. It is possible to find the stone with a scuba tank.

-Affinity: Water

-Associated Rangersword: Tsunami

5) Purple Keystone

-Location: Capital Valley Silver Mine

-Challenge: "For the word of the king is supreme and who may say to him, 'what are you doing?' (Eccl. 8:4)

-Meaning: This test is twofold. The shrine will only appear when one goes with a companion. An angel appears and offers the stone in exchange for the companion's life. The King must know that within the borders of his realm, his authority is as God's authority, as it was received from God. Only the true Chosen King can command the stone be given. However, one might receive it by sacrificing their companion for the greater good. in this case the stone will drain of color to appear silver. It is a test of honor and moral conviction as well.

Affinity:

Asssociated Rangersword: Champion

6) White Keystone

-Location: Nowhere, ancestral home of the Green Tribe

-Challenge: Uriel, guardian of the world tree

-Meaning: Though the King's authority is absolute in the King's land, it does not hold. The King must bow to the King of Kings, and can hold His power as His vassal. It's possible skip this one somehow. Bob the Blob did it.

-Affinity: Wind

-Associated Rangersword: Zephyr

7) Black Master Keystone

-Location: Library, in a secret room.

-Challenge: None. It's just there.

-Meaning: Unknown

-Affinity: Unknown

-Associated Rangersword: Gravity