Appendix: PGWild

(I'll add more to the bestiary as I find the pages in my original materials. So far they're largely in alphabetical order. Don't forget to like, share, comment. Thx)

Will 'o' the wisp (animatus illuminato)

-The will 'o' the wisp is a strange, luminescent creature. Much is unknown about it, except that it leads unsuspecting travellers lost in the swamps to their dooms.

Sudorac (arthropoda aranea chelicera)

-The brightly colored Sudorac is a large, menacing looking spider that actually eats only fruit. It injects an enzyme into the skin which breaks the fruit inside the skin to become a juicy slurry. They make their homes in the tropical islands out near Crescent Island, where the rare ambrosia fruit is more common.

Shrimpnel (arthropoda crustacea opalesca)

-Shrimpnel are masters of camouflage, having adapted a bright shell with floating particles that are easily excited by electrical impulses, like a plasma television. They hide their limbs in the dirt and project an image of the same on their shell whenever a pipernee or other predator comes along. Once found, they are easily separated from the outer shell by a firm tug on the tail. The outer shell and limbs are metallic in nature and have been the basis for advancements in artificial limb technology.

Battle Cricket (arthropoda insecta gigantum)

-length: 8'

-height: 6'

-weight: 1500 lbs.

-vision spectrum: compound

-This enormous insect was once renowned for its size and ferocity in battle. Ancient PulchraGeans bred them for meat and steeds. They have six legs, two with large scythe-like claws in the front, the back four for walking on.

Flash-hopper (arthropoda insecta luminum)

-length: 1"

-weight: negligible

-vision spectrum: compound

-These fruit eating pests lay eggs by the thousands after mating. Their abdomens emit laser-intense photons that can be seen for many miles. As a defense mechanism they can use this intense light to burn or blind potential predators. (Maybe change to pulse laser ablation? )

Coreala (aquarius coreala)

-length: 4'

-weight: 100 lbs.

-vision spectrum: aquatic

-Coreala is the larger temperate cousin of pipernee. They are more solitary than pipernee and, despite their bulky, use their paddle-like tail to move surprisingly swiftly through the water.

Piopernee (aquarius pipernee)

-length: 2'

-weight: 12 lbs.

-vision spectrum: aquatic

-The agile pipernee is a fearless marine predator that preys on small fish and shrimpnel. Their mottled blue coloration helps camouflage them in the water while hunting.

Squawkatiel (avis canto)

-length: 1'

-weight: 1 lb.

-vision spectrum: color

-wingspan: 1'

-Squawkatiel live in the Forest of Illusion in Southern PulchraGea, eating whatever berries and insects are available. Their neon pink and yellow plumage is a warning of their ultrsasonic screech. At 300 decibels its call is fatal at close range.

Phoenix (avis incendia)

-length: 4'

-weight: 25lbs.

-vision spectrum: raptorial

-winspan: 15'

-The feathers of the raptorial phoenix glisten brightly in the air as it dives, giving the illusion that it is on fire. The underside of its wings have feather patterns unique to each individual. Upon hatching their coloration is black and grey, resembling the ashes of a fire. Juveniles have a ruddy brown and cream coloration. As the bird matures its feathers gradually become the distinct crimson and gold coloration for which its species is most famous.

Polaris (canis polaris)

-length : 5'2"

-weight: 150 lbs.
-vision spectrum: color

-This large shaggy dog combs the tundras and wastelands for anything edible. Though built to hunt large animals, they are largely omnivorous. It is generally curious of humans and are very friendly and easy to train when domesticated. Their prodigious size and strength make them very popular work animals in the cold climes around Glacier Farms and the surrounding frontier.

>Hell Hound (canis sheol)
-length : 6'
-weight : 180 lbs
-vision spectrum : nocturnal
-A previously undiscovered species, the hell hound is a force to be reckoned with. It leaps from high cliffs and spreads its wings, while its bioluminescent wing membranes and tail inspire much fear in their victims.

>Solaris (canis solaris)
-length : 5'2"
-weight : 150 lbs.
-vision spectrum : color
-Solaris is a common sight around Oasis and Clifford, although they tend to stay away from people. They feed primarily on jackelopes and cactoy, and are the largest predator in the Boonie's desert.

>Cerberus (canis tricapis)
-length : 6'
-weight : 235 lbs.
-vision spectrum : nocturnal
-The cerberus is a three-headed canine whose habitat is in caves deep underground, most commonly but not limited to the Mesa Grande. All three heads work in synchronization, like a pack of wolves. The central head is most often the 'pack' leader and thus is absolutely vicious.

>Fuzzbat (canis umbra)
-length : 1'2"
-weight : 8 lbs
-vision spectrum : nocturnal
-

Tales of PulchraGea, Vol. 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें