Broken Princess: Sequel to The Letter

Copy right.

A Year and Six Months Later

*****

 Victoria’s POV

*****

Pain.

It's the one thing that confused me the most. The place I'm at, pain isn't an option. Or is it? My whole life I've been use to physical pain, the aches that would cover my body when my father, John, would hit me. Though, this pain is different. My heart throbs and my pulse rises with every breath I take. Emotional pain. That's what I'm feeling, but is it even possible to feel it here? 

I know this isn't reality, or is it?

Dominic's dark round eyes stare into mine; they're filled with a cynical swirl. His lips curl up to form a contemptuous smirk. He holds a sharp blade in between his hands, threatening to pierce my skin. The space between us decreases and my breath deepens. 

"Please don't Dominic" I plead, hoping our friendship will give me the slightest chance of living. 

"My name is Cole" He says through clenched teeth, showing the pure evil behind his charade. 

I turn my gaze away from him, not wanting to see a pair of hateful eyes as the last object of a living human being. My eyes land on a puddle of a dark crimson substance that is oozing out of a large body. My heart sinks as I recognize the person lying on the floor.

"Why do you mourn for the man who ruined you and made your life miserable?" Dominic-I mean Cole asks me harshly.

I shiver. If only I knew the answer...

My eyes spring open as my lungs cry out for air. I'm drenched in sweat and surrounded by my now sticky sheets. I place my hand over my heart, trying to calm myself down. 

"It's only a dream" I repeat to myself several times. 

I throw the covers off of me and stand up, running my fingers through my knotted hair.  I look at my room from my apartment that’s been mine and Michelle’s for a year now. My large bed fits perfectly with the overlarge bedroom, closet and bathroom. My dresser holds a huge and shiny mirror. I stare at myself through the mirror; I look older and wiser than two years ago. After everything I’ve been through, I was forced to grow up.

My life has changed drastically since that night Dominic revealed himself to be Cole, my half-brother. I’ve had nightmares every night since then, my father, John’s death scarred me for life. I see his lifeless body every night. I don’t know whether my mind is taking revenge or mourning him; I have no reason to believe it’s the latter.

I sometimes wonder about my biological father, Cole. I let my mind create a new life with only him in it, from what my mother Charlot told me, he had good values and morals. When I can’t sleep, I imagine him by my side, holding me and telling me that all is good. Before I left to Boston my mother gave me a picture of him, and since then I have it by my side. He seems to be the only person who could have loved me the right way. But, that’s the thing, I can only imagine. He died in the fire trying to save my brother Cole and Martha, my biological mother. Plus, shortly after I moved to Boston they informed me they had found Martha’s body, and they had evidence Cole had killed her.