Chapter 2: Bloodbath

***Sorry for any mistakes***

Chapter 2: Bloodbath

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

Our fingers intertwine with each other helping my muscles relax. I lock eyes with Sebastian and instantly calm down. I take hold of the cup of coffee laid in front of me with my free hand, and move my gaze across the desk I’m sitting at.

“When did you get the letter?” Agent McCall asks me as he inspects the letter.

“Last night. I went to my apartment to study and when I walked into my room, the window was open and the letter was on my bed” I said as I looked into his deep blue eyes.

They held amusement; his bright blue eyes contained enough emotions to kill a population. The light in his eyes showed how intrigued he was on this case, giving it his best to find Cole; but as much as excitement there was within him, there was something else. Experience, it contained him, making him hold his great posture; telling him not to rush into things. His age can be shown just from scanning his face, bags under his eyes give away the many restless nights he’s had as an agent.

“Has Cole tried to contact you in any other way?” He asks not looking at me, but instead staring at his laptop screen.

I shake my head no in response. I see him type something on his laptop, yet the speed of his typing gives me no chance in figuring out the words. After a few seconds of only the sound of typing filling the air, Agent McCall breaks the silence.

“How’s Hannah?” He asks genuinely concerned.

Hannah McCall is his daughter, who happens to study at the same place as me. I first met her when Michelle introduced her, and other friends, to me at a party last year. Since then we’ve all been friends: Michelle, Joseph, Alexis, Aiden, Hannah, and Matthew. All of them, in one way or another, have been my backbone, helping me get back up on my feet.

Every time I visit Agent McCall, he asks me about her. As soon as she was 18 she immediately left the house, her dad was furious so he cut all ties with her. She had to work every moment she had free in order to pay the bills of her apartment, and not to mention the big debt she owed for going to school. They haven’t really talked much, but I know Agent McCall doesn’t like the fact we’re friends because I’m just another dangerous case.  Despite, his view on our friendship, I genuinely like her. She’s nice and perky, well when she wants to be, because she can sometimes have an attitude.

“She’s fine” I smile.

He nods and inspects the letter once again, “I’ll keep the letter, as evidence, I’ll put a report out that he’s in the city, but no media of course. If you need anything just call” He says in routine as if he’s rehearsed it in his sleep.

“Thank you” I say in a small voice.

“One more thing, Victoria” His voice changes as if he was worried about me, “Sebastian mentioned to me that you’ve been having problems accepting your father’s death, do you want me to direct you to someone I know that would help you?”

I feel my heartbeat rise, not from fright but from anger. I quickly remove my hand from Sebastian’s grasp and look at Agent McCall straight in the eye, “I don’t need help, and I would appreciate it if you would mind your own business and concentrate on the case. On finding Dominic- I mean Cole…”I trail off and my eyes immediately tear up.

Agent McCall’s eyebrows rise and now I’ve gotten his full attention, “Victoria, have you considered visiting a therapist?”

Enraged, I get up from my chair, “Maybe if you weren’t so concerned about my nightmares you would have found him by now!” I yell and walk away from his office.