Chapter 9: Star-Crossed Lovers

****** Sorry for any mistakes***

Dedicated to my Missionette friend, Valerie :)

***********

Chapter 9: Star -Crossed Lovers

**********

Victoria’s POV

**********

A soft knock sounded off from my office door, “Come in” I state as I continue typing on my laptop.

Aiden comes in a suit looking professional, which makes me smile, “looking good” I tease as he sits down. He laughs and fixes his tie and hair, “I just wanted to make a good impression on the first day of work”.

“Aiden” my tone turns completely serious and straightforward, “what I’m about to ask from you is completely out of line and dangerous but I need you to do it” I say directly into his eyes and see curiosity and fear within them.

True emotions can be seen through the eyes, they are a portal of the human soul. The deepest and most precious feeling is illuminated thought the light within your eyes. It is a beautiful and amazing moment when you look into a person’s eyes and see a loving and genuine emotion in them. A person’s eyes can calm another person in the depths of a storm or give peace in the middle of a fight. Although there is times when it is the complete opposite, when the eyes hold nothing but hostile and malicious emotions. It is a petrifying feeling as you look into malevolent eyes; it can split your world in two and creates a slow chill to run down your spine.  

Aiden held a mixture of both good and bad, which completely threw me off guard. “What do you want me to do?” He asks curious.

“There’s a hacking program in our company system which has been draining out our finances. I need you to find it and pull back all the money we’ve lost.” I say straightforward.

He laughs, “You’re joking right?” the laughter immediately stops as he registers my serious face. “You’ve got be kidding me. I can’t do that”

“Why not, you’re the best”

“I’m pretty sure there’s a law against that, and as much as I love you I am not putting my future at risk.”

“Erase all trace of you being there, no one will ever know you did it. Get rid of the hacking program and I promise I’ll pay you like crazy.”

Aiden now looks more frightened than ever and his eyes begin to harden, “You want me to do what?” He exclaims with an unbelievable voice.

My voice remains calm and intact, “Aiden, this is important. The company will collapse and there’s no hope that it can ever be in this great shape again. I promise you that if you do this I will surely get you a job at whatever company you want.”

He shakes his head, “I’m amazing at coding and hacking but even this is too much for me.”