Chapter 8: The Domino Effect

****Sorry for any mistakes!!****

********

Victoria’s POV

********

Cars honking, people fighting, music blaring through the apartment next to mine; my heart unsettles as the actions come to life. I stand outside my apartment early in the morning, with a cup of coffee in one hand and my soul on the other. Funny how easy it is to hold the cup, because baring this shattered and unfixable soul of mine is tiring with every day that passes by. The loud noises that surround me bring me back to reality; life, as much as I don’t want it to, goes on.

My phone vibrates, my hands voluntarily move towards my pocket, and my eyes scan the screen telling me I have a message from Sebastian.

“Are you going to your appointment?”

I roll my eyes; he’s been pushing me to make an appointment with a therapist, which I somehow accepted last night after the call. Apparently Sebastian was already one step ahead of me, the appointment was already made, I just had to show up.

“Yes, I’m going MOM!” I smirk at the message I send him and wait for his message before getting ready.

“It’s only because I love you baby, you know that.” I sigh, I know.

I walk back to the apartment where Coco greets me with a wagging tail. I pet his head and proceed to my room where I take a quick shower and get dressed.

***

“My name is Angela Sullivan” A thin, fragile lady sits across from me as I sit on a long sofa.

“Am I supposed to lie down on the sofa and tell you all my problems?” I say sarcastically, I regret it as soon as I say it. It was rude, but then again I really don’t want to be here.

“If that’s what you want to do, you can sit or lie down. Your choice”

“I’ll lay down” might as well get comfortable.

She nods, “So why are you here today Victoria?”

I force out a laugh, “Don’t you know? I’m Victoria Collins, I have a serial killer after me. I’m bound to be an emotional disaster.”

“I’ve heard.”

“Yes, I have problems. Many, may I add” I say.

“You still haven’t answered the question though. Why are you here?”

“Because Sebastian made me”

“Sebastian?”

“He’s my boyfriend.”

“Is that the only reason?”

I stay silent, a virtue that I’ve become to deeply love. The silence surrounds me and within a second it settles in, a part of me desires, and cries out into a void, a part of me demands to be fixed.

I shake my head, “I’m tired of always having to keep it together. Nothing I do seems to work, every movement I do is just so I can stay afloat. It’s just so frustrating, having to save myself every single time, because it’s a constant battle. I have so many things running through my head and the only one I can concentrate on is that fact the Cole is back, and I might not so be lucky this time. I’m tired of fighting to keep my sanity, and doing it alone.”

“It seems to me, you’re not alone. Sebastian is with you, after all he did convince you to come”

I nod.

“You said, you’re fight so you don’t lose your sanity? Tell me about that”

“I’m not crazy, I swear”