Chapter 1

I glanced at my watch as I sipped my morning coffee. It had a nice warm crisp taste. The cream in the coffee made it cool enough not to burn my mouth. I drank the coffee until it was all gone and the warmness had filled my stomach.

My watch ticked, I glanced again, 7:03. While I set my mug in the sink, my watched ticked along rushing my to get to work.

The brown coat hung where I put it last night. I shoved the long, leather jacket onto my shoulders as I walked out the door to catch a taxi.

Jackie, my name is Jackie Pentel. My name is not Jack, Jacks, Jack jack, or JP, yes someone has called me JP. New York City is my life. It has been here for the longest time and no one has yet to discover or do the things I have done in this amazing city. See, my life changed that day I went to work. I am a scientist that does the most unbelievable science. After years of work on it with my team, we made the impossible possible. The unbelievable believable.

Lilith Dair is my sidekick. She is the one who helps me out most of the time. Since she dresses in strange colors she is very out of the ordinary, but interesting. She has jet black hair that she keeps in a neat ponytail on the back of her head. She has these round '70 glasses that no one else but her could pull off. For all the strange colors she wears, I am surprised she always has light makeup on even though I have known her for two years now I am still surprised.

John Matheson is another story. He is like the crazy little brother at the lab. He is younger than everyone at the lab but is known for his A.D.H.D.. His hair is turquoise blue. It is also another reason he can be pointed out. Most of the time John spends it adding a little flair to our machines, but even if he is not doing that he is still doing work by helping one of us out. He is not anyone's sidekick or helper nor does he have one. Unless you count his cat Carl. Carl is the most different cat in the world. He fetches things like a dog for John. He is a calico, make, and acts like a dog.

Then there is Fredrick McCarthy. We call him Rick not Fred. Rick is something special. We call him the "Rare Breed" because of his red hair, freckles, and blue eyes. Gingers  usually do not have blue eyes. Rick is tall and probably over six foot. He is strangely muscular since he has a lean figure. He is not buff or anything like that but he is strong enough to help carry things neither I or John can carry. Rick is more of a engineer than a scientist, but he can still do a little science and he maybe able to do science but not as good as me or Carson.

Carson Shaw is the one who helped me make this happen. He wrote all the plans for the idea while telling Rick to draw a model. Carson is a little taller than me and can make anything happen between just two chemicals and a wire. Carson has curly blonde hair that grows around his head really fast. He has to get hair cuts from my or John said he will put a hair net on him. Which he does not want to happen. He does have glasses but mostly wears his contacts in case we have to wear goggles for an experiment. His skin tans so easily since he takes us all to the beach so often in his black jeep.

I get we are scientist we need to do our job, why go on vacation to the beach? Just because we have a lot of work does not mean we can not go on vacation. Vacation is probably the reason we do have so much work. Even when we are doing our serious work we never are serious. After this last project we finished, we have mostly been hanging around the lab and throwing random parties with just the five of us and Carl.

Now sitting her in the lab next to Lilith, as the guys went off to have fun, we get to try out our amazing project for the first time. Well, at least when the guys get back. This amazing project we finished this year 2062 is the very first time machine/teleporter.

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER!! This story is actually from something I am doing at school so I will have updates posted every week on Wednesdays and if there is not an update I'm ether dead or on vacation.