The Wish of Faith

Pitter patter of small feet echoed through the street. Children, they raced through the street, some belonging to high class nobles ranging all the way to homeless children. Nothing of class mattered to these children, in fact almost nothing did.

In this place a child named Faith was born to nothing, nothing was as it was, nothing. This child named Faith, was as she was, faith. She followed the other children that ran gleefully around, always having hope she would be accepted by them some day.

In this, she did have faith, as was her essence. She followed each child's story knowing what they had gone through. She came to know them, the children being rather clueless to this, went on with their daily lives.

In fact the children could not even see this girl, they had no need for her so what was the point in acknowledging her presence?

The children grew slowly, as for Faith she was an adult well before any of these children even turned ten. As she continued to watch over them, she noticed that as they grew they began to lack many different things.

Joy no longer expressed herself as often as she had before, and dauntless no longer looked a frenzied dog in the eye. Even clemency had turned bitter on the others, and Justin was no longer fair to any one.

The kids were changing and faith couldn't wrap her head around this. As they grew they had almost completely grown into different people. These children that once had accepted everyone for who they were , now just looked at their appearance and status.

What had happened to the beautiful children that had once roamed the streets? Time, it was time's fault, it had taught them each their own fate in the future. Tearing their most valuable attribute away from them.

Faith was saddened that these children now adults, had not a single thing left of what they once were. Faith had always wanted to be apart of the once happy children, now she wanted to save them from their despair.

As if mother nothing heard this wish, she blew across the streets, the wind blew away Faith into millions of shards of herself. Each shard fit into the hole which was once filled with the greatest of each person that had been lost along with their child hood.

Their hearts and eyes suddenly saw the world in a different light, close to the world they once believed in before. They called it the moment of faith, each persons moment of faith occured randomly. When someone comes to have faith in the world that is laid out in front of them again. Sometimes she is only able to show you this world for a short time, sometimes she decides to stay by your side.

This happens as Faith joins you to show you the way, shining her light in the dark, fulfilling her life long wish. To join all the rest of the kids within in us.