Short Fantasy Stories

There was a small boy whom every other boy picked on, they teased him telling him he was short and weak. The little boys name was Jonathan, and his parents always made time in order to teach him his manners. He grew to be a very fine young teenager and all his mentors adored him. 

John studied hard and always did his best on his work, when he reached the age of eighteen the king of the kingdom came to him and asked if he could be the leader of the army. The boy accepted and became well known, when his old-time bullies heard of the news they came to him. They asked for help, and as Jonathan was kind he gave what he could spare. Soon he fell in love with a mysterious woman who's name was Kyla. She fell in love with him as well and so soon Jonathan asked her hand in marriage.

 Happily married, the bullies came back asking for help once more. Jonathan opened the door and invited them in, his wife watched from a distance. They sat and talked, after a while, they went on their way with the things Jonathan could spare. His wife admired his kindness, later that year his wife had a baby girl.

 The men came back knocking on the door, instead of Jonathan answering his wife did. Jonathan was busy with the child at the time, the men asked to talk to him, but the wife told them he could not talk at the time and told them to come back another time. Again, and again this happened, until finally the men were angry at Jonathan. When Jonathan was riding his horse home the men jumped him. He came home battered and bloodied, and when his wife found out she was boiling over the brim with rage.

 Although she did not let Jonathan know, later in the evening she slipped out of the house. Walking down the streets only to stop when she found the men who had beaten her husband, drunk, and stumbling about. She wore a long cloak of dark blue that twinkled like the stars, a mystical aura surrounding her.

 "Hello!" She yelled out, they turned to look at her with blank expressions.

 "You do not bite the hand that feeds you, otherwise it will bite back" then with a flick of her wrist and blue glowing in her palm a flash of blue light zipped to the men. It swirled and became thicker and thicker until you could not see the forms of the men and then, the light disappeared.

 No longer were the men human but horrendous donkeys that whined as they saw what they had become. The woman smiled and the donkeys seemed to know why they had become what they were. 

"You," she said, "are now what you truly are on the inside." With that, she flicked her hood over her head and went back to her family, the donkeys stayed in the cold of the wind and could not find shelter or food to eat.