The creation of hope

There was once a child born to a queen and king, and on a stormy night the child gained a fever. The queen and king worried restlessly as the child's fever raised, the queen could not bare to watch her child suffer. The king pased the room muttering under his breath, the rulers worried the child would not live to see the next day but he did. Weeks passed and the fever had still not gone down and instead of the fever sparing the child it took a second victim, the queen. The king watched as his family suffered and a horrible rumor spread that the his son might die before the month would come to an end. In the kingdom everyone waited for the news that the baby prince had passed beyond the realm of the living. The king could not take any more and headed for the temple of the gods, when he got there he prayed that they spare his family. A few minutes passed before a god stood before him telling him that the gods would spare his family, but at a cost. The god spoke of the price the young king would have to pay, the king would have to take the role as god of pestulants and leave his family to rule and work his job. As much as the young king hated leaving his family he knew he had to do, so he agreed and left for home. He arrived home the next day and was happy to see his wife healthy and his baby healthier then the healthiest of children. They rejoiced for a short period of time before the young king told his wife of the deal he had made. He wept over the loss of his family, although his wife understood why he had done it and when he looked up to meet her gaze a thin smile spread across her lips. Then he hugged his wife and new that this was the last night he would spend with her and his son. The next day before he left he hugged his family, took the ring From his finger and slipped it on the chain he had been wearing around his neck. He then put the necklace around his small sons neck, waved good bye opened his wings and shot into the sky flying towards the home of the gods. Later the next year his wife gave birth to a baby girl and the queen named her lorgnette. The young princess grew to be very beautiful and exotic. The son also grew into a fine gentlemen who wasn't quite as powerful in magic as his sister was. Though John grew to be very handsome and did match in beauty like his sister. The god watched his children from afar and sent his most trusted personals to watch after his children but not interfere. As his youngest grew she grew in power and at the age of sixteen she was approached by the goddess of the gods. She told the child of her power and what she would be a god of and wether she liked it or not she was bound to become a goddess. The daughter excepted her fate and became the powerful goddess of evil. The father was upset to hear what she had become but knowing that she was now a god he could finally meet her. She was a good girl and just because her tittle had changed, didn't mean that she changed with it. The god soon came to his daughter and told who he was and why he had left and how much he loved her and how proud he was of her. The daughter understood now why he had left and gave him a huge hug, she had wanted a father all her life but her mother had sworn never to marry. Soon at the age of twenty lorgnette married the god of kindness and companionship, and she loved him with all her heart. A few years went by and lorgnette's world went upside down, she was due in a few days when her husband was slain by the god of war. She wept that he would never see they'r child's birth, and rather than living lorgnette waited till the child was born and decided that there was nothing left to live for. No matter how much her father tried to talk her out of it lorgnette gave him the child, she told him that there was no more Hope left in the world that could save her. She said good bye to her brother and mother and died to the hand of the god of war just as her husband had. Lorgnette's child grew into a beautiful goddess of hope and fate and followed in her mothers footsteps. Instead she never got married nor barred a child but she fills everyone's minds in an attempt to save us all from lonelyness, and in times of depression we feel her presence and speak her name. The name we all know and use in every language and every where, the word known by all ...

Hope.