As your kiss fades

My feet felt as fragile as glass as I sat up in my bed.

Last time I go running In shoes 2 sizes smaller than your own feet. I thought to myself angrily. I groned and flopped backwards onto my pillow, my feet automatically flopped up and my body settled, sinking into the white bedding. My whole apartment was painted a startling white making my eyes burn whenever I woke up.

I turned my cell phone on to find no new texts. I sighed and got up. Someones popular today! I scoffed to myself, slipping my cell into the pocket of my shorts. I padded into the bathroom and rub at my red cheeks, pulled at my lips and wiped at my panda-eyes, I brush at my hair and It straightend out and then curled at the ends I sighed and patted at my head as if new better hair would simply sprout and fall like a silky waterfall. My phone began to vibrate and I jump, sending bottles of my favorite strawberry shampoo sliding across the tiled floor. I clapped my hand over my forehead at my own clumsiness. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell.

A reminder popped up as soon as I flipped the screen open.

'Shit!' I cursed. The reminder read: 'Get up early- Chris is coming at 11:30.'

Only a 'genius' would set the reminder for eleven and leave herself thirty minuets to get ready. I skated into action, picked up the two slippery shampoo bottles in my cold hands. I brushed my teeth and scrubed at my face in an attempt to get yesterdays makeup off. Running to the kitchen I gathered stray items of clothing in my arms, running through my hall, I shoved them into the spare room. Clean up later- Food and clothes NOW I thought. I ran back to my bedroom skating across the slippy floor in my fealty socks. I dug through my closet for my tiny denim shorts and my grey t-shirt. I shoved on some clean underwear and some thin ankle socks and grabbed my red checked shirt. I stuffed my feet into my tiny blister inducing red sneakers. I slid into my kitchen and grabbed a bowl and some cereal. I noticed last nights pizza box and the empty bottle of soda littering the counter.

'Comfort eating much Tay?' I nearly laughed at myself.

I cleaned up a little and put the pizza smeared plate into the sink along with the empty glass. I quickly reached into my fridge for the already open mini carton of milk.

'No time for bowls- or freaking hygiene. Food.' I said aloud. I ate the cereal with a spoon straight out of the box and gulpped down the milk and shoved everything back into the cupboard.

I looked at my phone. ten minuets. I thought. I ran quickly back into my room and applied my makeup. I was ready with five minuets to spare. I reached into my jewellery box and pulled out the silver wing necklace Chris had given me earlier that month. I fastened It around my neck and stared at myself in the mirror. I look 'Okay.' i said to myself.

I quickly spiritsed myself with perfume and sat down on my couch. I thought about Chris walking towards my apartment and greeting me with a tight hug as he always did. I daydreamed until I heard a quiet knock at the door. I ran to It and my stomach felt sick. I feet nervous though I had been dating Chris for nearly a year. As I imagined, Chris was standing at the front door, awkwardly. I smiled warmly and he opened his arms.

After a long embrace I locked the door behind me and Chris began.

'I missed you.' He said softly.

'I missed you too.' I replied looking up at him.

He smiled a little. His parents had always made him go on family holidays but I suppose I wouldn't really know about family. I walked beside him, our hands were locked together. He kept kissing at my head and I liked that, though to kiss him properly I had to stand on my toes. My stomach had stopped trying to lurch out my mouth and my heart had stopped racing and we walked casually towards the park hand in hand.

The bright summer sunshine glowed down on our heads and we walked through the park admiring the green and the plants. I loved days with Chris were I could just be calm.

'You look beautiful today.' he said slipping his arm around my waist. I cuddled up close to him and smiled to myself.

In Chris's head I was beautiful and funny and smart. He told me every day without fail and It made me shake to think that our feelings for each other might one day not be mutual... It hurt so much that I put it to the back of my mind nearly every day when I was with Chris.

Chris and I shopped around and talked for hours until finally he said

'Head back to yours?'

I nodded casually. We walked back hand In hand and collapsed onto my couch. Chris flicked the TV on and we sat cuddled up. I was sitting sitting with my head resting against his chest though I couldnt get the thought of Chris not loving me out of my head. I sighed slightly and looked up at Chris. His hair flopped over his forehead casually and his chocolate brown eyes met mine.

'Chris.' I said. Looking into his eyes, they were practically melting me.

'Mmmhm.' He mumbled sleepily.

'Do you love me?' I said quietly and casually so the mood was not disturbed. He shuffled up and sat straight up. He took my shoulders and held me at arms lenghth. He began to talk.

'Tay. I love you more than I could ever love anyone ever... You mean the world to me. Your just so...' He tailed of rubbing his thumb against my jaw bone and then he wispered.

'Perfect.' I stared up at him and he kissed me. His kisses were electric.

I stared into his eyes.

'Stay.' I said

He nods and began to pull out his phone but I grabbed his hand.

'Stay with me. Move in Chris.' I said. Before I could think the thought I nearly regreted It. There was a long moment of silence, he stared into space at my blank white wall...

'Okay. Ill move In. Forever.' He said looking back down at me, his brown eyes were melting my entire soul...