As your kiss fades

I ran out of the apartment though I wasn't even sure where I was going. I left Skylar behind, I knew he would object. I had only been to Skylar's apartment twice before.

I ran fast and scanned through my text messages until I found one from Skylar explaining his address. I followed the directions, scanning the streets as I went. I was breathing hard thought I knew I couldn't stop.

I reached the house. I was scared of what I might find. I was even more scared of what I wouldn't find.

I knew I had no key. Frantically I jumped over the fence and made my way round into Skylar's back yard. I held my stomach. The window wasn't open and the doors were locked. I took a brick from the garden and hoped no one would hear. I launched the brick at the window. The glass smashed loudly, the small pieces pattering to the floor. I panicked but had no time. I clambered through the smashed window, scraping my hips on the unbroken pieces of glass. I fell into the kitchen sink and padded cautiously through the kitchen. Everything was unnaturally perfect. Every jar placed just so, every plate stacked in the cupboards. I heard a thump and jumped. I knew what I had to do. I rumbled through the kitchen drawer and found something that made my heart skip. A polished black gun. I picked It up with shaky hands. I walked towards the door where the thump had come from. I saw a small lock on the out side. I was breathing rapidly my heart racing. I could hear the blood drumming in my ears. I flicked the lock and held the handle.

'Please Chris.' I whispered to myself.' I opened the door and my horrors became real.

'Chris!' I screamed, clapping my hand over my mouth. Tears ran down my face in relief that he was alive.

Chris lay breathing slowly. His eyes were closed and there was a white gag in his mouth, his hands bound behind his back. He was unbelievably skinny. The room smelt damp and bad and I was choking on tears. Chris looked up but he didn't react. He looked down closing his eyes.

'Chris. Its me.' I said trembling. I walked slowly towards him. He opened his eyes again but this time he sat up. I knelt down and wrapped my arms tight around him. He was sobbing hard, tears flowing from his eyes, his face a mask of pain. I couldn't hear him for the gags. I saw a knife sitting on the shelf and pulled it down. I sliced the gag and pulled the shredded material away from his mouth.

'Taylor. Taylor. I- Tay.' He couldn't talk, the tears so heavy. I was hugging him tight now. Crying so hard into him. I was sobbing. A feeling of relief filled me as well as the feeling of guilt and pain. I closed my eyes tight to hold back the tears. I sliced at the ropes on his wrists, pulling them off gently. There were large red marks, with rope burn. I clambered behind him and looked at his bare back and chest. He was covered in red marks, Slashes and lines, some of them scars. I couldn't look at them. I untied his feet, trying hard not to break into pieces. He cautiously stood up and looked down at me. I couldn't look up. I just stayed there on the floor, the knife loosely in my hand.

'This is all my fault.' I said sobbing. I felt so ashamed. Chris pulled me up holding my shoulders. I didn't look him in the eyes.

'No Its not. Its his. Never think that.' He said holding me close. I traced the lines of his scars. 

'Your so thin.' I said looking him up and down. There were tears in his eyes.

'You are too, a beautiful tragedy. I never stopped thinking about you.' He said holding me tight.  

'We have to leave, call the police or something.' I said looking into his eyes. He suddenly stiffened and his eyes widened. He was looking away from me at the door. I turned my head. Skylar stood, a gun pointed at Chris, his feet apart arm stretched out. He was breathing heavily, his eyes wide. Chris let go of me. I stood to the side of him staring at Skylar.

'No. Skylar don't hurt me like this!' I screamed at him. My eyes racing my mind was heavy with thoughts. I didn't want to but I had too. I stepped slowly closer to Skylar. Chris held my hand but I let go. I walked in front of the gun my hands shaking, I put my fingertips on top of the trigger.

'Kill him, you'll kill me.' I said looking into his eyes. Skylar pushed me out of the way, his eyes cold.

'Never.' He said and reared his hand fast. Chris was holding me and, he kissed me. I looked up at him

'I love you.' He said. I couldn't talk for the tears, there was a lump in my throat.

'I love you too. Forever.' I said calmly. I heard a click and saw Skylar's hand tremble.

'No!' I screamed so loud. The gun shot rang out in my ears. and I realised what had happened what I had done...