As your kiss fades

Chris had moved In with in the matter of a few weeks.

Of course those boring weeks when I sat at home wishing Chris could move sooner dragged by slowly....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lounged lazily on the couch laying In Chris's arms when I heard a faint knock on the front door. Chris shifted and I hopped up. I padded into the hall, towards the door. I opened the door and took in a sight they hadnt seen In four years. My knees were weak. It was Skylar, a young boy I had known In one of my old foster homes, we had been the best of friends. He stood tall, and his blue eyes gleamed.

'Taylor.' He breathed, taking me In.

I put my hand to my mouth, letting the door swing open. I was filled with childhood memories of us together, the worst memory being when we parted. He stepped into the doorway and wrapped his arms around me. I was still paralysed with shock, barley able to wrap my arms around him.

'Taylor?' I heard from the living room, I then heard Chris shift from the couch. I went to pull away from the hug but Skylar held me at arms lenghth. He looked me up and down. My eyes stayed focused on his and he sighed a little.

'Finnaly. I've been looking for you for years.' He breathed. I didnt want to say It but after a year of our parting I had accepted I would probably never see him again. I felt Chris behind me. He was standing protectivley close. Skylars arms dropped.

'Hi.' He said looking in the direction of Chris.

I looked up In the direction of Chris.

'This Is Skylar. We were best friends years ago.' I said. Chris replyed with a nod and looked back at Skylar smiling.

'Hi. Nice to meet you. Im Taylors boyfriend.' He said shaking Skylars hand. I blushed at his tone.

'I cant beleive your here.' I said looking back up at Skylar.

'It took some reasearch and alot of persuasion, I cant beleive I found you.' He smiled, the corner of his mouth turned up. I remembered that smile.

'Come In.' I said. gesturing towards the living room. He followed politley. Chris shut the door behind him. I walked towards the couch and Skylar sat down alarmingly close to me, our knees touching. Chris sat down In the spare chair as Skylar and I disscussed all the importiant moments in our lives since our parting.

'So you never got adopted? Thats rediculouse, you were always the cutest one of us.' He said smiling. I smiled slightly.

'So where are you staying?' Chris said quickly wanting to change the subject.

'I stay back In New york.' He said casualy. I stared at him my eyes wide.

'You came all this way... To find me?' I said quietly.

'Tay, I've thought about you since the day I got adopted. Since we parted, It was the worst day of my life. I was determined to find you one day, and here I am.' He said looking straight at me.

My eyes filled with tears. He put his hand on mine. It was dark outside. We had been talking for hours. He looked out of the window.

'I should go, Im staying with a friend.' He said quietly. 

'But- when will I see you again?' I say saddly. He thought for a minuet.

'Ill come for you tomorow, okay? Twelve?' He said standing up. I nod and looked up at him, my eyes were brimming with tears. He stepped forward and hugged me tight and gently kissed my cheek.

Chris stood up quickly. I walk Skylar towards the door. We stopped and looked up at each other.

'Tomorow.' I said quietly.

He nodded, smiling. He looked up at Chris.

'It was great meeting you.' He said politley, though they didnt really talk much. Chris took his hand from his pocket and waved slightly. Skylar turned and walked out into the hall.

'Bye.' We called to each other. I shut the door and turned towards Chris.

He hugged me tightly.

'You okay?' He said quietly, looking down at me.

I nodded into his chest. The evening was quiet. I made some sandwiches for dinner. Chris and I sat down on the couch and he began to discuss my history with Skylar.

'So did you to- hook up?' He said looking down a little, maybe he was avoiding my eyes. I looked up.

'No.' I answered. I took a healthy bite of my sandwich but It tasted like cardboard. I gulped down some water.

I pulled on my night dress and walked out of the bathroom. Chris was already lying in bed, propped up on his elbow. I walked towards the bed and slipped in. Chris pulled me close, kissing my forehead, then suddenly he stiffens.

'Tay.. I wont be here tomorow.' He said slowly. I sat up confused.

'Yeah, your visiting your grandparents? I know.' I said confused, pulling away.

'Well, your okay... You know with Tylar?' He said. I thought about Chris for a minuet, realising how uncomfortable with Skylar he must be.

'Of course I'll be fine with Skylar.' I said, 'why wouldnt I be?' I continued nervously.

'Well he seems to- you know likeyou alot.' He said protectivley. I sigh.

'Chris I love you, more than anyone ever, heaven Is a place on earth with you. You make my life complete.' I said blushing a little. He looked at me.

'I love you too.' He said kissing my forhead. I turned the lamp of and snuggled down into the warm bed.

I couldnt wait for tomorow, my heart was racing and I eventually fell asleep. I woke up in Chris.I looked at my cell. It was already ten thirty. I shifted a little but Chris pulled me back down. He turned towards me, brushing a stray piece of hair out of my face and staired into my eyes. I pressed my hands against his cheeks and kissed his forehead. I got up and began to get dressed.

 By eleven Chris was up, his bag was packed for the overnight stay at his grandparents. He kissed me cupping my face in his hands.

'Are you sure you don't want me to stay- until Skylar comes.' He said, whispering into my ear.

'No Its okay.' I said happily. Hugging him tightly.

'Okay. I'll call you tonight.' He said quietly. 

We hugged one last time and he shut the door behind him. I sat back down on the couch and I Lounged for a little, waiting for Skylar.

At twelve exactly, I heard a prominent knock on the door. Exactly on time, I thought to my self. I rushed to the door and turned the handle. Skylar stood tall in a grey t-shirt and dark jeans. He had a jacket wrapped around his arm and a bag in his right hand. I opened my arms and we hugged laughing a little. I invited him in and we sat down on the couch. He reached down into the bag he had brought and pulled out a small rectangular box. He passed It to me. I opened It with shaky hands, confused.

Inside was a small silver necklace, on the end of the chain there was a beautiful heart charm, on the back a tiny engraving:

For Taylor.

I fastened It around my neck and looked up at him.

'You shouldn't have- I'm so sorry- I don't have anything for you.' I said sadly.

'Give me one thing...' He said looking straight at me.

'Tell me we can be like old times. Make up for lost time- you know.' He said firmly, holding out his hand.

I looked at him dead in the eyes and took his hand.

promise. I said.