1

Mia CRUZ'S.
I arrived in Chicago and just marveled at the scenery, I was doing my mom a favor by attending some book club stuff. I walked into a 'bed and breakfast' place and checked in. I was going to be leaving tomorrow in the afternoon so I saw no reason to check into a fancy hotel.

I walked into the room with my overnight bag and first looked around. The wall were colored with a faded yellow paint and the air smelt like rose water, the bed was a little beaten up but manageable and the fan was a little loose.

i walked to the window and looked out side but saw nothing but trees. I moved to a Small door and opened it,The space just consisted of a toilet, showerhead and a face mirror. I just sighed and looked at the time. The book club starts in an hour so I quickly put on my GPS and after locking my door, exited the place. I went outside and just marveled at the scenery again, some people were playing music and dancing in a corner while I just smiled and kept walking. I located a coffee shop and quickly walked in seeing as I have about fifty minutes more. The place wasn't really packed so I quickly just ordered black coffee with extra milk and sugar, I located a seat next to the window and just sat down. I mixed my coffee and took small sips while looking around. The air in the coffee shop smelt like coffee beans and there were photographs of some people and a huge poster of what looked to be a family tree which showed that the coffee shop has been passed down from generations. I smiled and After dropping a tip, exited the building.

Thankfully, I arrived at the book Club with a few minutes to spare and quickly located a seat. I looked around the building and it was filled with posters of this intercontinental book clubs and some other stuff. The book club finally started and people started introducing themselves, it got to my turn and I shyly stood up "um my name is Mia Cruz's and I am here on behalf of my mother Emily Cruz's, I am representing the Cruz's book stores which is suited in new Orleans and I am exited to be here", I stated with a smile and sat down, the introductions went round until we reached the last person who was from Canada and then we commenced the meeting sharing book names, book signing and talking about books that we have read.

i looked at the time and saw that it was already six in the evening, I stood up and excused my self, I need to sleep because my flight leaves tomorrow. I managed to exit the building without drawings too much attention to myself and took a taxi to where I was staying. After paying the man I entered into my assigned bedroom and just sat on the bed for a minute. when I felt relaxed enough, I took off my clothes and just grabbed my sponge, soap and tooth brush and just entered the cupboard like bathroom.

After I was done, I just put on my red and white pajamas and just laid on the bed, I pulled out my phone and checked for any messages and replied them and then my eyes slowly dropped.

_____________

The sound of glass shattering hit my ears and my eyes snapped open. I stood up fast and my phone crashed to the floor, I picked it up who checked the time seeing that it was around one in the morning, I heard a groan and looked around seeing no one. My eyes suddenly snapped to the window near the trees and sure enough it was broken. I slowly walked towards it, my mind bringing out thoughts like, The mirror was weak and maybe it some kind of animal but all that thought vanished from my head as I felt someone clasps their fingers against my mouth and dragged me to a hard body. I let out
a scream but it was muffled by his hands, I started to struggle but to no avail. I felt him lean down and then his warm breath was touching my lips making me tense "relax, i won't hurt you", he stated and then sighed "promise me that you would not shout if I let you go", he started and I quickly nodded.

His hands slowly removed from me mouth and I jerked away and quickly looked at him. The room was dark but I could see his silhouette hunched over clutching his stomach like he was in pain "I'm sorry to barge in here unannounced, I just really need to get away, I will just not touch or hurt you, i-", he groaned aloud and sank to the floor, "are you alright? ", i asked him and his head turned to look at me " I'm hurt, do you have like a first aid kit or something ", he asked me and I shook my head" No but I'll go check, stay here ", I warned and just maneuvered my way outside. I walked down the halls and sure enough an emergency first aid kit and fire extinguisher were hanging on the far end of the wall. I quickly rushed to it and picked it up. I rushed to my room and sure enough he was still in the same position I left him. "here", I slid the kit over to him and he reached for it with a groan which made me feel bad for how I treated him. "I'm sorry I'll help", I stated and walked closer to him. I crouched near him and he slid to the wall. I put on my phone torchlight and just scanned his body until I saw that he was bleeding from his Arm "hold on", I cut into his shirt worn a scissors until I got to his arms and the wound looked like he was stabbed. I started treating the injury and sure enough he would flinch now and then but soon I was done "I was mugged in a nearby alley", he stated and I felt so much compassion for him "I'm so sorry that this happened to you", I stated and he shook his head "can I just stay by the wall for a few hours until I regain my energy,not your bed, I don't want to stain it", he asked and I bite my lips in thoughts, some part of me was skeptical about him staying here but I allowed it. "I crawled into bed and just fought to keep my eyes open not trusting the man but i didn't know when i fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
my phone alarm started beeping and I quickly stood up. I looked around but there was no sign of the man, I saw my phone on the floor and there was no sign of the man. I packed my bags and headed downstairs not bordering to eat breakfast and just headed towards the airport, eager to get away from the crazy event and the broken window.

After buying my ticket, I boarded the plane heading to New Orleans. My sweet sanctuary.

2 weeks later.

MARCO VALENTINO.
I dropped my phone and sighed. I just received a call that the beautiful maiden no longer stays there. I really wanted to see her so I've sent a private investigator to find out about her. I looked at my flight tickets and sighed, I guess I'd have to return back to the city that raised me. New Orleans.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hey guys as you can see I'm rewriting this book and I have changed Grayson's name to Marco, I really hope you enjoy this new version.