13

MIA CRUZ.
THREE DAYS LATER.
Three days. Its been three days since I last saw Marco and i can't help but feel worried. I have been dialing his number but got no answer for it. My wrist doesn't hurt anymore but i still have to place a bandage on it to make it heal faster and make sure it doesn't get contaminated.

I had decided to go to Marco's house and that's where i am currently going. I was taking a cab there because i couldn't drive so i had the time to gather my thoughts.

~*~
I rang the doorbell and Ophelia opened it. "Good morning miss Cruz please come in", I smiled and entered the house, I looked around hoping to catch a glimpse of him. I turned to face Ophelia " where's Marco?" I stated and she pointed toward a door "Mr Valentino is in his study" I nodded and walked towards the place.

I opened the door softly and Marco  was in the chair drinking and hasn't even noticed me  "Marco?". He quickly got out of the chair and turned to face me. "Mia! What are you doing here" I looked at him and noticed that his eyes were bloodshot, his hair was in disarray and he had dark circles under his eyes. "Are you okay? What happened to you?", I asked and he just sighed and pulled me into a hug. We pulled away and i noticed empty bottles of alcohol all around his office.

"Tell me what's wrong" I stated and he took a big sigh. "Cruz. Benjamin was murder by my uncle, your father" I stared at him shocked and moved away from him. Here i was in the presence of the family that killed my father. "I'm so sorry M-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"Wow....that's a lot to take in, I have to go I'd talk to you later" Without waiting for a reply, i quickly ran out of the office and took a cab home.

MARCO VALENTINO.
I watched the door and sighed. I collapsed back on the couch and chuckled bitterly. Well that was it, I've lost my one true love. I pressed the intercom and asked for another bottle.

Few seconds later Ophelia came in with Isaac, one of my men. I stood up to take the bottle but suddenly felt dizzy. Isaac rushed to steady me and helped me back into the chair. My chest was starting to hurt and i started panting. I faintly registered the Ophelia calling me before everything went black.

MIA CRUZ.
I rushed to my mom's workplace and told her everything, at first she was shocked but then relaxed. I stared at her shocked "mom he killed dad and you're not reacting the way i expected" she just looked at me calmly. "Honey always have patience. You didn't even hear him explain before you reacted. You see your father and I were married for 2 years and we  divorced after you were born because after they appointed him as the second in command which mean he got to control the mafia group in Italy but when that happened  he grew power hungry and tried to take over as the first in command by killing Marco's uncle  it was either him or your dad  so it had to be done.", my mom stated and i just needed to absorb all of this. I walked towards a nearby chair and sat down.

Again I've ruined my relationship with Marco. I don't even know how to apologize to him. I did not  know my Father but I like to believe that he was a good man and he didn't have a choice with the accident but not for greed and power. Marco. the name echo in my head and I just wince inwardly. How do I apologize to him.
I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed his number. It rang once before he picked it up

"Marco! I'm so sorry l-", "miss Mia?This is Issac, Marco's bodyguard please come to red dawn hospital, Grayson is in critical condition due to alcohol overdose and I fear for his life", Issac, says through the receiver  and my heart just crashed to my stomach. Marco sick because of me, I thought to my self.

"Mom i have to go! Marco needs me" I didn't wait for her to reply before rushing out of the door. I quickly flag a cab and told the person my destination. My heart was in my throat as i thought about what had happened. I was so scared and i know that would die if anything happened to him.

_____________________________________

TEAM

MARCO?

MIA?

Follow my social media accounts to get short story and writing tips from me (banner below)

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

THANKS.