chapter nine // goodbye

//I just want to give you a closure

"Bill!" Dipper called out into the forest. He had to tell him. even if he was leaving for good. Dipper has to tell him.

"Bill, please. I just want to talk to you." Dippers shoes are starting to get wet from the morning dew.

"Bill I—" he was paused by Bill hanging upside down from a tree branch above.

"yo."

"are you actually leaving?" also that entrance was not weird at all.

"I have to."

"..why?"

"I can't deal with any human emotions. I mean whenever I do I just... want to run away."

..

"cause I know you still hate me." bill got down to face dipper.

"people can change, man. everyone gives someone another chance to prove they're worth trust and respect.. even if you try to kill them and they're family."

"that makes no sense."

"what I'm trying to say is that I like you and I want you to stay here and live a normal life."

"I—... I'm sorry.. dipper I can't."

"I.. understand."

"it's doesn't matter if you don't either. just take care of b for me."

bill winked (or just blinked and shrugged.) and disappeared.

dipper looked at the ground and kicked a patch of dirt.

"so much for that."

————------------———

the next school year dipper went to school to see a particular new blond kid.

--------------------————

and there you have it. it ends. right there and then. you choose the ending.

is bill still there secretly? or just left someone special behind?

I don't even know and I don't want to write it. so feel free.

sorry if you hated it. just please. understand I'm slowly turning away from gravity falls.

but it'll always be in my heart.

just like how bill is in dippers.

see you later.