Chapter 6

Chapter 6

When Allura spoke on the intercom to wake everyone up, Keith hesitated. He lay there in his bed with the cover pulled tightly over him, creating a type of cocoon. He stayed under the covers for a minute longer before realizing that he was even further not acting like himself. He was a man of rushing into a problem. He didn't like avoiding conflicts, but yet here he was avoiding one by coming up with a plan on how to deal with Lance as if things were normal. With frustration, he got out of bed and pushed himself to move on.

He put on his jacket and slowly walked out of his room and joined everyone in the main room for the day's exercises. Since they were still a few days away from the next planet, they had to go back to their routine.

Keith surveyed the room. As per usual, Shiro was there first, followed by himself, Pidge, and Hunk. Lance was late again.

Allura and Coran stood side by side, giving greetings to the Paladins. "Once Lance gets here," Allura said with a smile. "We'll start the agenda for the day."

But they all waited...and waited...and waited. Lance did not come out of his room. At last, Shiro spoke up, "Keith, why don't you go get Lance?"

Shiro's suggestion echoed throughout the room and everyone remained silent. Pidge gave Keith a sly look as if to tease him, while Hunk frowned with uncomfortableness.

It took Keith a few moments to register what was said. "Why me!?" He exclaimed. "Why don't you go get him since you care about him so much, Shiro!?"

Coran stepped towards Keith, "Now, now, no need to shout. How about the both of you go get him? It's not that big a deal. We know Lance sleeps in all the time anyways."

Keith let out an angry huff, crossed his arms, and turned away from Shiro, "Fine."

"Good luck, Keith!" Pidge teased as Keith reluctantly followed Shiro out of the room and down the hall. But Keith ignored Pidge's comment and left without looking back.

Shiro didn't bother looking back at Keith as they walked together. "You're being very difficult, Keith. If you two don't resolve whatever feelings you both have, then we might not be able to form Voltron. If anyone in the formation has negative feelings, it puts all of us at risk."

Keith grumbled. "I can keep things professional, Shiro. You don't need to worry about me."

"Are you telling me I should be more worried about Lance then?" Shiro asked. He couldn't lie to himself. Even he was getting a little irritated that Keith and Lance couldn't come clean about their love for each other. He knew Keith well enough to know that his anger was just a shield to block out the real feelings he held inside.

Keith grumbled a second time. "I don't know," He shrugged.

They came to Lance's door and Shiro knocked rather loudly. "Lance! We're starting our exercises again today!"

"I'm not coming out of this room!" Lance's muffled yell came through the door.

Keith's anger bubbled over. "Open this door or so help me I will smash it open!"

"No!" Was Lance's simple reply.

"Lance, I swear to--"

"Shut up, Keith! I'm tired!"

Keith kicked the door, but Shiro immediately grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "Keith!" He exclaimed. "Stop it!"

"He's being so stubborn! Are you going to let him get away with being lazy!?" Keith yelled.