Paisley Park

"Ugggh my whole body hurts," grunted JasMonae as she dragged her feet into the room where her sisters were and plopped down on a bean bag chair. She had just returned home from cheerleading practice. "My legs hurt, my hips hurt, my..."

"We get the point!" shouted Ashleigh.

"Damn Ash!" said Jazmyne

"I can barely move," Jas continued to complain.

"Well you gonna have to be moving by tomorrow," said Jazmyne.

"Why?"

"You forgot? We have an interview with Tavis tomorrow."

"Aww shit," Jas spoke as she remembered.

"I ain't too happy about it either girl," Ashleigh said

"All I want is one freakin Saturday to myself. No fuckin cameras or a whole bunch of people all up in this house. Damn it man!"

"You got the wrong Daddy if you want that girl," said Jazmyne.

"Where is he anyway?" she asked.

"In his office I think," Ashleigh replied.

Moaning and groaning Jas limped out of the room and made her way to her fathers office followed closely by Ashleigh. Arriving in the office they saw him seated at his desk looking at his computer screen.

"Daddy why," she whined loudly dragging her feet on the way to him.

"Daddy why what?"

"Do we have to do the interview tomorrow," she whined as she kneeled on the floor beside him.

"Yes," he replied.

"Why," she whined even more strongly, tugging on his arm.

"Because we have been planning this for a month now and Tavis just sent me an email confirming everything."

Feeling defeated she plummeted the side of her face onto his lap.

"You'll get through it sweetheart," he exclaimed gently patting her hair. "It ain't the end of the world."

Just then Andy walked in the room from the kitchen bringing Prince a bottle of gatorade.

"I'm excited," she said, handing him the bottle. "I mean I'm not gonna be in it but I'll be watching y'all. I'm sure its gonna be interesting."

"Dad do you want us to coordinate our outfits or just wear whatever," Ashleigh spoke.

"It doesn't matter to me as long as it is neat at appropriate."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--

The Interview

It took place in the common area of the home and Prince was the primary focus for the first part of the interview. Tavis and he discussed common topics such as his career, his fans, the state of music today and his plans for the future. Also social issues affecting the black community and the world at large are discussed as well.

Turning tides, the next segment was the main purpose of the show. Taken in the same room, the girls were seated on the couch and Tavis on a chair in front of them; Prince was absent.

"Okay I know the world knows your names but for the record please say your names and ages," Tavis requested.

"I'm Jazmyne I'm 18."

"Ashleigh 21."

"JasMonae 17."

"The whole world, thats a bit of a stretch," said Jazmyne. "I don't think the whole world knows about us."