Chapter 19: Nightmares

Hey everyone, I'm back with a new update. I apologize for being gone so long, and not updating. I have school and then volleyball practice right after school and then I have homework, so I really don't have much time right now. Hopefully I'll be able to update more after the volleyball season ends.

Also, I'm sorry if I upsetted any of you with the last chapter. I would go and edit it, but I don't have the time and I feel too lazy to, so I think I'll just keep it.

Alright! Let's get to the story, shall we?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Kirito's POV*

- A few days later -

I rushed from school to get home. I was going to submit my applications, in hopes to get into the University I wanted.

When I got to my room I pulled out my MacBook. I got onto the websites of the two colleges, filling out the Kyoto one first. My mind was racing as I click submit, sending my information. Then I went on to the Tokyo one.

After that was all done, I sighed and shut my laptop down. I placed it on the shelf in my room.

"Man, I hope I get in..." I said to myself falling onto my bed. The fluffy black covers and memory foam mattress made me sink in a little, and I felt like taking a nap.

Within the hour I fell asleep. I was pulled into another world, and my mind started to act on its own.

It was the day of a wedding. The bright sun shone it's beautiful rays down on the landscape, making everything glitter like a thousand diamonds. The sky was a gorgeous shade of blue, with wisps of clouds here and there.

It was an outside wedding, very fit for the climate. It was the middle of the summer, after all.

The bride was just as beautiful as everything else. She was a girl that men would dream about, and one lucky man was at the altar with her that day.

That man was not as happy as he should be though. The girl he was marrying was not the girl he had wished to see in that outfit standing next to him, as the girl he wished to marry had passed on.

A vision of Asuna in a hospital bed flashed in my dream. I was next to her, staying with her until her last and final breaths. Another image flashed in my head after that.

It was the same wedding, except the bride was Asuna. The groom was much happier this time. His smile shone as bright as the sun. He proudly kissed his new wife as everyone clapped.

The image started to fade, and the dream again projected the scene of the other girl walking down the aisle.

Her purple hair blew in the wind as she walked to her partner. Her green eyes gleamed with scheme. She replaced it with an innocent smile. The man was not smiling, and he did not smile through the whole wedding. He was emotionless even when they kissed.

I wanted to run away, I wanted to reject and not say "I do" when the time came, but this dream could not be controlled, At least on my part. The girl I was marrying was Akiko, and that made every part of me scream. This was not how my wedding day was supposed to go.

I awoke with a gasp. I violently jerked my upper half up as I panted, feeling dizzy from all the blood rushing to my head.