06

(Edited

(Edited.)

The beautiful dark skinned woman peered out over the balcony, she could hear the drum of the rain falling from from the sky.
The sun had barely risen,the birds were unusually quiet as they would sing in the mornings. The sky darkened as the more rain was falling, making Lutina sigh as she let go of the balcony and went back inside her room to get ready for work.

After work, Lutina stepped outside, being grateful for the fresh air she could breath in. All of a sudden, she got a notification on her phone.
Reading it, it was her sister who sent her a text, inviting her over to her house since it had been a long time since they last saw each other.

Personally, Lutina didn't think of two months a long time. Time always went by slow for her.
She turned her phone off and walked to her car, stepping in it.

When the vet arrived home, she walked into the bathroom, planning to shower first before she headed to her older sisters house.

Lutina's sister was the smart one, the one who outshone Lutina in everything, no matter what. She was three years older than her.
Lutina had always been jealous of her older sister. She didn't had the perfect life but she was their parents first born, and though they would deny it often, their parent's favourite.

Lutina was always the one who was forgotten. Shenaya's– her older sister– birthdays were always spend big money on while they'd forgot Lutina's birthday three years in a row.

Now, sometimes Lutina liked to rub it her sisters face that she made more money than her as a vet. How could she not? She was finally better at something her sister wasn't. She was the one that made a bigger income than the favorite daughter who was struggling to pay for her and her family's expenses.

Lutina's sister worked as a part time kindergarten teacher. She didn't made as much as Lutina, leading her sometimes to ask her younger sister for money with great shame when she didn't had enough to pay for the bills or to feed her family.
Lutina would always buy expensive gifts for her niece to rub it shamelessly in Shenaya's face. She could give her daughter what she couldn't. And of course, she cared deeply for her niece and wanted the best for her.
It was her time now. Yet, Shenaya still was their parents favorite.

It was frustrating for Lutina who just wanted to impress her parents for once in her lifetime. For them to smile at her, praising her. To just show the affection they gave to her sister.
But it never seemed to succeed.

After getting ready, Lutina stepped out of her house with the gift in her hand for her little niece.

It was an half hour drive to Shenaya's  apartment. Her sister lived with her husband and daughter in a small apartment. Her husband lived in it before she decided it was time to move in with him.