Chapter 7

I wake up on a beautiful morning. I look out the window of my penthouse.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I sing, alternating notes to match the morning song I always sing.

I quickly put on my gold armour and head to Site B.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey." Lewis says upon my arrival.

'Hi." I say. I try to ask exhausted so I can go talk to Duncan about the pig project. I shouldn't be hard though, I am pretty exhausted.

"Is something wrong?" Xephos can see that there is a problem, so he asks, as any good friend could.

"Oh, nah." I let out a huge yawn. "I'm just so exhausted." I continued to yawn through those last few words, but then slowly strolled by him, still acting like everything was natural.

My comrade shrugged, unable to think anything otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My acting was letting me down, so I was thinking up the correct excuse.

"What are you thinkin' so hard about?" The man in the red coat held his diamond sword in his right hand, laughing as he put it back in the sheath on his back.

"Uh, Lewis..." I pulled an item from my pocket, which was mine, but Lewis didn't know that. "I need to go give this back to Duncan. He left it here."

"Right now?"

"The earlier the merrier?" I half questioned, half commented.

"'The sooner the better' I believe is what you were looking for." The man corrected me, creating air quotes while he said it.

"Right..." I nodded, but soon turned in the direction of Duncan's Castle. "Well, I'm gonna go... See you... in like, a few hours?" I knew it was a lie, but Xephos just shrugged and walked to the back of the room, picking up the shards of iron that had been left over from a recent crafting work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" I cried up to the top of the large, wooden doors that closed Duncan off from the rest of the world.

A small voice answered. "What do you want, Simon?" He sounded irritated, but it was definitely Duncan.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

As soon as I said it, I heard the mechanics of the doors opening, and I could soon see the blonde scientist, who had his arms crossed; tapping his foot on the grass of the courtyard.

"Hello." He tried to sound delighted, but it wasn't working.

"Okay, look, we need to talk."

"About what, Simon?"

"The p--"

He then cut me off, just by putting his hand in front of him.

"What?" I asked as his hand beckoned as if he was aiming for me to give something back to him.

"My screwdriver. You forgot to give it back to me." he said, clearly annoyed.

Diva queen. I took it out of my pocket and gave it to him. He grabs it, turns around and walks away, closing the door behind him.

I pound on the door. He opens it.

"What?" he asks.

"Let me in." I say, walking past him without even asking.