Chapter 5

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/camo_chic/set?id=207649455

    It was early the next morning. I could hear the voices of my brothers and Bobby downstairs. They were talking about leaving, finding another case and continuing the search for dad. They were also talking about me. My rant yesterday probably had them feeling a little guilty. But at the moment that's not what's on my mind.
     I'm already dressed and have my bag packed. It has everything I could possibly need with me. Including my phone, a few books, a shotgun and a knife I had swiped from downstairs. I mean sure the weapons are usually away when I'm around lately but I got sticky fingers. If hunting doesn't work out I could even be a pick pocket. I shake my head trying to regain my focus. Right now I was trying to figure out my escape from my room. Soon my brothers would be leaving and they weren't going anywhere without me. I had already put my plan this morning. School was going to be a problem if I wanted to go with them so I took care of it. I called my principal and told her I was going on a family bonding trip. It could be weeks or possible months before before I came back. She knows I stay with Bobby and don't spend anytime with my other family members. In Sioux Falls Bobby is seen as the town drunk. So people look at us different. I don't blame him though. I blame others for judging a book by it's cover. I hear my brothers come up upstairs but instead of going to their rooms though they stop outside of mine.
This makes me a little nervous now. I keep my cool though. Placing my bag on the floor by my bed I zip it closed. Then I get up and head over to my dresser. I start to fix my hair. The door opens and I turn around to look at them. I put my poker face on and act like I have no plan at all. "Can I help you?" I say. They look at each other apprehensively. They seem awkward, like they don't know what to say. "Listen kiddo we know your made at us, but this is for the best." Dean tells me. "Kat we just don't want you getting hurt. Hunting is dangerous. We know your tough but who knows what could happen out there" Sam continued. Now I started to feel the guilt a little. They felt bad for me. They just don't want me getting hurt. No. Don't think like that Kathryn. You have to do this for yourself. For your family.
"I-I get it. I'm not saying that I'm not still a little mad but I don't want you to leave without a hug" I say keeping up my facade. I do feel a smile creep onto my face though. What? These guys make me happy. I walk over to them and give them each a hug. They smile and happily return them. " Well I better finish getting ready for school. So uhhmm" I wait for them to exit my room. Sam nods while Dean mumbles an ok. They walk out and head to their own room. Perfect.
I wait a few seconds before I grab my bag and head out the door. I head down the stairs and head towards the door. "Bye Bobby I'm heading to school!" I shout to him. "Bye darlin" he responds. I make sure he's in the kitchen before I go outside. Looking around I see the coast is clear. I head towards Dean's Impala. (Baby is absolutely beautiful by the way. ) I pull on the handle and find that the door is locked. It's no surprise to me so I pull out my lock pick. I quickly pop open the door and slide in. Quietly I shut the door and lock it again so nothing seems suspicious. I climb into the back and search for a place I can hide. It has to be good so I can make it a few hundred miles out. You know so they can't turn around.
I find a blanket in the back. It's not much but it will have to do. I shove my backpacks under the front seat. Then lower myself onto the floor. Oh this is going to be an uncomfortable ride. I place the blanket over myself, making sure I'm completely covered up. When I'm all the way down half of myself is stuck under the front seat. Wonderful. Now all that's left of my plan is to wait.

I don't have to wait long. Soon I hear feet against the dirt of the junkyard. "She's gone be fine Sammy, I'm positive. I love her too. That's why we're doing this, so she's safe." I heard Dean's voice say. "I know but first time we've seen her since she was a toddler and we disappointed her." Sam replied to him. "We'll make it up to her when we get back but right now we losing daylight. Let's go"
The car doors opened and I immediately quieted my breathing. The engine started and the car began to move. I decided it would be best if I got comfortable. I fell asleep to Led Zeppelin's Traveling Riverside Blues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           I continued swinging back and forth enjoying the sun on my face

I continued swinging back and forth enjoying the sun on my face. This was a dream I had quite frequently. It was one of my favorites. I'm in a beautiful field filled with wild flowers and in the middle is one magnificent tall tree with a swing. I saw a place like this once when I was little. Bobby had been heading out for a hunt was dropping me off at someone's to watch me. On the way we had driven by this place and I was mesmerized by it. I had never truly been there but had dreamt of it since I saw it. It was always summers there. And you could feel the warmth and safety throughout the entire field.
"Ooh, it makes me wonder Ooh, it really makes me wonder And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune Then the piper will lead us to reason And a new day will dawn For those who stand long And the forests will echo with laughter If there's a bustle in your hedgerow Don't be alarmed now"

" You always seemed to have your fathers sense of music. But at least you enjoy more then just rock" a voice interrupts my singing of Stairway to Heaven. I smile recognizing who's speaking to me. "Rock is the best. But I mean there are so many other genres." I hop off the swing and turn around. Straightening out my white dress I look up at the woman in front of me. She had wavy dirty blonde hair that ended somewhere around 2 inches under her shoulders. Her eyes were a light blue and your could see the kindness in them. She was around 40 years old and always said how old she was but she always seemed young to me. In both body and in spirit. Her smile, that she normally wore, could light up a room. We looked similar to each other except for a few features. My hair was a bit darker and my smile was more like my dads. I knew every fact about her features. I had spent many times studying her. Why? Because she was my mother.

               At least a dream version of her. She looked exactly like her picture. I don't know if she acts like how she truly did but it's how I imagine she's like. She always seems to be here in my dreams. I guess if this field is my safe haven then she is too. Whenever I'm here we spend the time talking about basically everything. It's nice to have her here. Where we can just have some girl time.
                 "You know it's pretty sly of you sneaking into your brothers car" Mom says to me. I let out a chuckle and look down at my bare feet. "I know but I have to help them. I have to help dad. " She nods her head. "Honey are you sure your ready for this? I know you can handle anything baby girl but I don't want you getting hurt." I smile at her response. "Mom I can do this. I know I can." I tell here. "Baby girl I know you can. Remember this sweetheart you can do anything. You are strong beyond belief. You got Heaven on your side." I wasn't totally sure I knew what she was saying. But it made me feel inspired anyway. She believed in me. 
                "Your waking up honey. I love you." She told me with a smile. "I love you too"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              I breathed in as I woke up studying my surroundings. I was still in the car. It was darker now. Bobby must be freaking out, I'm usually home by this time. "Where do you think she is man?" I heard Sam say. Oh no. Bobby called them.
            "Where could she go? She was mad that she couldn't hunt we know that. We got to find her." Dean replied. Double oh no. I was hoping I could wait till we got to a hotel to reveal myself. I have no clue what to do.
            "Maybe we could call the police or missing children's report. I mean I know you didn't want to do on dad but it could be our best lead on Kathryn." Sam said. Police?!?!? Ok I've got to stop this. Oh I'm in so much trouble.

          I pulled myself up from the floor. "Or we could not do that"