Chapter 7

"I've seen it before, it happens all the time" I hummed quietly under my breath. I did it without even thinking. I was slipping into the back of my mind. Something I found that to did quite often, maybe a little too much. At leasts that's what my teachers said. I didn't see any problem with that. I mean how would you have this awesome story if I didn't. Oops broke the fourth wall. Sorry readers!
     "Hellooo you wanna come back to earth there space queen?" I heard from the front. My head snapped to look at my brothers. For some reason they were no out of the car. When did that happen? "Yeah Dee" I responded totally ignored his dumb little comment. They were pretty normal. "You gonna stay in there all day or what? It's time to get some grub" he told me. I wasn't very surprised. Most of the time since he came to Bobby's he ate. "Oh yeah yeah I'm coming".
     I walked out of the car and followed closely behind them. I took in my surroundings. We were practically in the middle of nowhere. There was a highway running down further than my eyes could see. Not many cars were out. Maybe it was cause it was so late or it could possibly have to do with our location. Where ever that is. I've got to learn my geography or something. Continuing to look around I see a cute little diner. It had a neon sign on top that was supposed to read "Clancy's". One of the letters was out though so instead it said "Cancy's". I hope the food isn't as bad as the name. I mean come on who feels safe eating at a place with that kind of name.
Entering the diner we were seated by a cute girl who Dean couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of. I thought she was kinda annoying though. I could tell Sam agreed.
We sat down and were awkward for a bit. I started messing with the menu. "Can I get y'all some thin' to drink?" The annoying bleach blonde cut the quiet tension. "Beer". "Water". "Vanilla Milkshake". We answered her one right after the other. She quickly wrote it down and looked up again. "Be right back" she winked at Dean. In response he gave a dorky smile. When she turned he proceeded by looking a little too low for my taste.
"Are you aware your nasty?" I question. He turns his head to give me a look. "No clue what your talking about Kitty Kat." Dean throws an innocent look my way. I scrunch my nose in distaste at the new nickname. "Yeah believably" Sam joins in. "Now I have Kat on my side" the youngest brother continues. "Yup now we can gang up on you" A goofy smile made its way onto my face and decided to stay there. "I think you two are forgetting one thing" Dean tells us. He looks smug, like he's already won. "What's that?" Sammy asks. "I'm the oldest and the oldest always wins."
"Of course Dee. The oldest gets everything. They get everything that's coming to them" I told him in a sing song voice. That boy better watch his back. I'm not a sweet little sister. Sam laughed and that let me know I would have a partner in crime. You k is what they say two heads are better then one. Especially when prancing your older brother. Two are always better.
"Don't you even think about Kat. Whatever your evil little self is planning it better stop right there" Dean said pointing at me and giving me a hard look. Strangely reminding me of one Bobby gives me when I find myself in trouble. Which is honestly quite often. There was this one time this jerk had made fun of my friend Lee. She is one of the few people who are my friends. Which includes a whole of two people. Yup that's right I'm super popular. Can you feel the sarcasm in that statement? Anyways he and some of his dumb friends had been being terrible to her. I decided I wasn't gonna let it happen again. So I snuck into the school and glued all of their things to the inside of their locker. Maybe a few other things that I didn't find in there. Then I put glue on the locker handles. So the next day when I showed up I found the boys glued to their lockers. Doors open so all the school could see all the wonderful things these teenage boys had in their lockers. When I came home though the school had already called Bobby because apparently I'm a 'suspicious' character. Bobby knowing me well enough had no doubt it was me. Plus he found my backpack that I had accidentally glued shut. Oops.
"Are you scared of your little sister Deanie?" I questioned with a feigned look of innocence. "Yeah is the oldest.......... afraid?" Sam poked at our brother. It was fun doing this. "Well no I'm just I-I have to make the important decisions around here" It was like this the whole time we were at the restaurant. Joking, laughing, talking. All things we had just started to do again. It was amazing, I never got to really do this. Hang out with my brothers. We weren't the as Dean likes to say 'apple pie life' family. We didn't go on family vacation or get our picture taken for a Christmas card. (Now that would be funny). There isn't anything wrong with that. For me I enjoy that unique feeling. Sure it can make school difficult but I like the feeing of danger. Even though I've never been on an actual hunt. I feel torn between really wanting to be a hunter and wanting to keep enjoy these rare moments of a normal family life. I want both but that's the most impossible thing imaginable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished eating at 'Cancys' and were back on the road again. Before long Dean pulled the Impala into the parking lot of a sleazy looking hotel. Great this is what I have to get used to. Nasty hotels where you can only guessed what happened in the rooms. Yeah I don't even need to say it and you'll catch my drift. We got out of the car and Dean headed in and payed for a room. Sadly the only ones left had two beds.
"Oh come on Dean just let me sleep on a bed." I begged while he took a bag out of the car. "You can sleep in a bed but it sure as hell ain't gonna be mine." After that my hope of Dean's kindness was extinguished. So turned to face my other brother. Eyes wide and very similar to a puppy dogs. I hoped it would add to my case. Sure it wasn't like Sammy's own puppy eyes but maybe I picked up a thing or two. "Sammy!!!" I whined. "Please oh please oh please have mercy" I stretched my words making myself seem more desperate. "Kat" was all I got in response. "Sam" I gave a serious look. "You can share the bed with me but I'm not giving it up." He said trying to compromise. "Ewww I'm not sharing with my brother." I quipped screwing up my face to look disgusted. "Haha your so funny, hope you have the same attitude from the couch." Sam retorted. We were now walking to the hotel room. Dena was already opening the door. I smirked to myself. "I won't be the one on the couch when I get there first" I took off running. I left my sweet brother in the dust. I shoved past Dean and plopped on a bed. "Quick Deedee take the other before he gets here" I said inspiring Dean to sit on the bed next to me. Sam finally came in. Boy took him long enough. I laughed as he pouted when he looked at me. I've won this battle.
"Well it's been lovely boys but I'm gonna sleep now." I told them after I had gotten out of the bathroom. Now in my pajamas. I jumped on the bed where Sam was. He was trying to take the bed back from me. Guess what, I'm not budging. "Hey hey princess before you go to sleep you have to call Bobby." Dean tossed my phone to me. "Good luck" All Sam did was laugh and even though I wasn't looking at him I bet Dean was smirking. "I better not hear I word out of you guys or monsters won't be the only thing you have to worry about" I threatened.
I hit Bobby's contact and waited for the inevitable. "Bout time you idjit " I heard Bobby's angry voice through the phone. Well this is gonna be fun.

That's right guys I'm back. I know I am literally the worst person in the world. I was just kinda taking a break from writing. I wanted to get all my thoughts straight. I couldn't just sit and write. I'm sorry for doing that to you guys. I know I hate when an author leaves me hanging with a story I like. I came back and saw the views I had gotten and how people added my story and I felt soooooooo good. I want to thank you guys for inspiring me. You guys are amazing and I want to keep writing for you. So I hope your willing to read. So thanks for being amazing readers. I want to hear from you guys too so feel free to comment anytime you want. Nothing mean though. I don't know why I wrote this so long cause who really reads authors notes. But anyway thanks again for being so amazing. ❤️