Chapter 9

I'd gotten ready for the day, ringing Ashley to head out to the cafe. I met up with her at Starbucks for a drink because I was in desparate need of caffeine. I was so stressed, and the last thing I wanted to do was rehash everything thats been happening the past few days, but knowing Ashley, thats all she'd wanna talk about.

I sat at a table with a coffee in my hand waiting for her. Somehow, she was always late for everything. Well, at least she looked good while doing it.

"Look at this!" Yup, that was her. I turned around to see her rushing over to me with a magazine in her hand.

She sat across from me, holding the magazine out in front of me on the table. The picture of Harry and I was sprawled across the magazine taking up two pages side by side.

Wow, were people bored with their lives.

Underneath it was what the media had to say about it. I ignored their ignorant comments that I could careless about, truthfully.

"Wow," I spoke with sarcasm seething, "We already made it in a magazine. Go figure."

"Why are you not all hyped about this?" Ashley attempted a whisper but her excitement was seeping through her words.

"Hyped?" I groaned, "That's the last thing I'd be about this whole situation."

I then eyed the open magazine, and how people were passing by glancing down at it. I noticed their curious eyes, so I flipped the magazine shut pushing it away from me, "Now, would you put this away?"

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand, pondering and sighing, irritated.

"You know, he also mentioned you this morning on that Daily News show this morning." Ashley muttered.

I was surprised.. "Wait, you watched the News Channel?" I laughed, as I never expected her to care about the News.

She chuckled, shrugging, "Harry Styles on it. Of course I watched it."

I rolled my eyes, giggling, "Well, yeah, I saw."

"And?" Her brows rose.

"And nothing. I shut it off." I sighed, my eyes glued to the ground.

I still felt like crap about everything.

"Wait a second," Her realization kicked in, "You saw him again after your lunch date, didn't you?"

I was caught. She was bound to figure it out though. She's my best friend. She knows me better than I know myself.

I kept my gaze to the ground, gnawing on my bottom lip while fiddling with my thumbs. My non-verbal response was a definite response for her.

"You did!"

I looked up at her and sighed, "Yeah, alright fine, I did."

"When?" She became defensive, "And why did I not know about this sooner?"

I rolled my eyes, "Ash, it was only yesterday. I was trying to emotionally talk myself out of it before making any rash decisions and speaking to you about it."

"Talk yourself out of what?" Questions piled, "Speak to me about what?"

I sighed, sinking down into my seat, "He–" It took me a few seconds to let out the other words, but I managed, "kissed me."

At this point, her jaw could have reached the floor. She sat in utter shock, and began twiddling her red strands between her fingers. Like she always did when she was angsty.