Chapter 78

We arrived at my house. It was past midnight and I was drained of energy but I was bothered.

Immensely.

Harry never telling me who he was on the phone with or what problems he had with his team involving myself really bothered me, and I felt I deserved to know.

I'd given him his privacy about this before but it was time he finally told me what was going on.

I didn't wanna pry it out of him but I really wanted to know.

But I also didn't wanna fight with him on our one month anniversary of knowing each other.

I didn't know what to do.

I sighed against the leather seat as we pulled into the driveway.

"Well, here we are." Harry says.

I gave him a shy smile, unbuckling my seatbelt. "Yeah."

"I'll see you tomorrow, babe?" he asks, leaning over the console.

"Mhm." I hum, as he leans in and softly presses his lips to mine.

A simple kiss was beyond transparent to the way I was feeling and he recognized it.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yeah.." I shyly say.

"Babe, whats wrong?"

I take a second to ponder as to how I should respond and shift myself in my seat to face him, bringing my legs up on the leather cushion.

"On the phone earlier – who was that?"

Harry inhales, heavily. "My – uh – my representatives."

"Why do they have such a problem with me?" I ask.

"They don't–"

"Harry," I interrupt him. "I've heard your conversations with them. They clearly aren't a fan of me. Why?"

"Stella, its nothing." Harry says.

"Yeah, I know. You keep saying that. You keep pushing away the subject like its nothing. But they keep calling. And you keep arguing with whoever is on the other line." I say, "You need to tell me what's going on."

"Stella, its–"

"Nothing, yeah I know. You keep saying that." I roll my eyes, "Why can't you just tell me the truth?"

"Its none of your concern." Harry says.

"It is if I'm the one who keeps being mentioned!" I say, loudly.

"Stella really, darling, its nothing for you to worry about." Harry states, placing his hand over mine.

I pull away from him and shook my head, "Fine. If you want to keep it from me, then go ahead. But until then, we are no longer in a relationship." I open the car door and step out, slamming the door behind me.

Harry is quick to follow me as he steps out of the car and races around it to stand in front of me.

"Whoa, whoa wait." He says, "You're breaking up with me?"

"Well, you're not giving me much of a choice are you, Harry?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" he questions.

Was he serious?

"Are you kidding me?" I scoff in disbelief. "Harry, you're keeping stuff from me. We don't do that. How can we be in a committed relationship if I'm only in it with half of you? You can't just keep stuff about me from me and expect me to be okay with it. 'Cause I'm not."

"I just don't want you to worry about it, love." He says, softly.

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. Fine, keep it to yourself. I'm done trying to get it out of you."

I move past him but he softly takes a hold of my wrist and spins me around.

"Wait."

"What?!" I yell.

"I'm sorry, love. Okay, I'm sorry." Harry says, "I just never wanted you to worry about any of it. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. And you shouldn't have to deal with the burden of the media or my representatives."

"Harry, I can handle it. You don't have the right to keep this kind of stuff from me." I tell him.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I was just trying to protect you." he tells me, saddened.

"You clearly underestimate my ability to handle things. I'm not a kid, Harry."

"No, I know." he shakes his head, "I'm sorry. I won't keep anything from you anymore."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief, "Please, tell me why your representatives have such a problem with me?"

"Stella, I don't think its inappropriate to–"

"Tell me." I pester him.

He sighs, exhaling. "Alright." He then looks up at me as he takes a hold of my hand, "Just remember that you are the most special to me that anyones ever been."

"Harry, just tell me." I softly say.

He exhales again, scrunching his nose. "They don't want me dating you. They don't want me to be seen with you because you're not–" he couldn't finish his sentence but I knew exactly what he was going to say.

"Famous like you?" I ask.

He sighs, slowly nodding. "Ye–Yeah."

I exhale, surprised. "Man, people are shallow."

"But that's why I argue with them so much." He reminds me, "Its 'cause I don't care about that stuff. I don't care if I'm seen with you out in public. I want to be seen with you out in public. I want people to know you're mine, love."

My heart warms at his sensitive words.

"Harry, I understand. And I think its sweet that you wanna be out in public with me, but if it hurts your image I–"

"That's why I couldn't tell you." Harry says, damaged. "I knew you'd say something like that and it'd ruin everything." he sighs, bowing his head.

I raise my hands up to his cheeks and steady his eyes to gaze into mine, "Hey, hey. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that if being with me hurts your image, we can always go out less. I just don't want to see you in trouble."

"No, no babe. That's not what I want." He says, "Just because they said this stuff doesn't mean anything has to change. I don't want anything to change, you hear me? I wanna be seen with you and I still want the world to know that you're mine. No matter what anyone has to say about it."

"But your image is–"

"Not important to me." he interrupts me, "Not as important to me as you are."

I chuckle, blushing. "Harry, really. Its okay."

"No." He states, "Nothing changes, alright? Nothing."

I sigh, nodding. "Okay, nothing changes."

He sighs, grinning as he softly presses his lips against mine.

Even though he didn't want anything to change, I felt as though many changes were on the way..

15 votes & 10 comments for the next chapter.

A/N So sorry I couldn't update sooner. Tonights my prom and I've been getting ready up until then. Hope everyone is doing well.

Please leave a comment on what you thought of the chapter.

I hope yall have a lovely day.
Xx