Chapter 23

Harry and I had made our way down to the harbour. Driving into the parking lot, I had completely forgotten that he was famous and there were sure to be photographers and admirers lurking the area.
He parked, and all of a sudden I felt my stomach in knots, and my hands become clammy instantly.
He took off his seatbelt looking over to me with first, a sincere grin, then an expression of confusion as he recognized my uncomfortable state.
"Stella, is everything alright?"
I slowly nodded, gulping as my eyes began to scan the area.
Okay, there's a few people we'll have to pass to make it to the dock. Maybe he'll have to sign an autograph here and there. Boy, I hope no one takes any pictures of us. Oh wait, but what about that older man with the camera? Though, he's taking pictures of the beautiful view, he's sure to work for the paparazzi. Do they know that we're here? What if they take pictures of us? What if they ask questions? What if they get too close and I end up falling off the dock and into the freezing water?
My mind began racing, making up all of these unrealistic scenarios that I was becoming paranoid.
Damn, did I really hate the limelight.
Focusing my attention back on him, Harry reached over to grasp my small hand in his large, soft one, gently caressing my palm with his thumb.
"Hey," he cooed, "Look at me."
My anxious eyes met his concerned ones, and I swear he was able to read my mind.
"If you'd rather go some place else, we can." He suggested, "I know that you don't want to be linked to the media, so if you're uncomfortable, we can-"
Dammit, Stella. You may as well get used to this. The first step is always the hardest. Shouldn't be too bad.. right?
I cut him off, "No, I'm fine, you set this whole thing up and it was an amazing idea. I don't want to go anywhere else." I assured him, displaying a weak smile.
He hadn't seem convinced, "Stella, are you sure?"
I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a brief moment before proceeding to nod and respond, "Yes."
Harry nodded, giving my hand a gentle squeeze, "We may have too deal with whats to come for a few minutes, but the second we're on that boat, we'll have all the privacy we want."
And just like that the knot untangled and I was feeling butterflies.
It was crazy that he had this affect on me. Though his reassurance of security made me feel less anxious.

What was he doing to me?

I gave, yet, another simple nod, as he opened his car door and made his way over to my side. As he slowly opened the door, I took in one more deep breath before stepping foot onto the pavement. Harry closed the car door, and once again, gave me a reassuring smile, holding out his hand for me. I gladly took a hold of his hand, lacing our fingers together as we began walking towards the dock.
Okay, we were good so far. No one seemed to be looking. No one seemed to notice. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.
But just to my luck, a few heads turned and soon, young girls were making their way towards us squealing for Harry.
Harry placed his hand on the small of my back, leaning over to me, brushing his lips against my ear.
"Don't worry, you got this, babe."
Babe.
My heart fluttered at the sound of the pet name, but my swooning was soon shortened by the blonde and brunette begging for an autograph from Harry.
"Hello loves," he kindly greeted them.
One of the girls didn't hesitate to throw herself into Harry's arms, leading me to detach myself from Harry's grip.
I felt oddly uncomfortable, but by the glee expression his face; it seemed he was used to this kind of attention.
The blonde practically strangled Harry as he tried to balance himself from her unexpected hug. But he wasn't at all phased by the adoration of the two teenagers. The brunette, however, stood there like me, twiddling her thumbs waiting patiently for him.
"I love you so much," the blonde expressed, almost in tears, "Will you sign my phone case?"
Phone case? Why would she want anyone to wreck her phone case? People are aware that permanent markers are permanent, right?
Harry had then given attention to the shorter brunette after paying mind to the excited blonde, and held her in a friendly hug, taking a picture with the two of them.
"Good to see you, loves, take care." Harry had said, announcing that him and I would be parting ways from the two young girls.
Finally.
But I spoke too soon, as the excessive buzzing from the two girls gained the attention of fellow admirers making me want to rip my hair out.
Harry had signed a few more autographs, and there were a few flashes but I was thankful that the older man I accused earlier was not a paparazzi. He was just some old grey haired bearded man who seemed to enjoy the view of the harbour rather than the famous pop star right in front of him.
I'll admit, Harry was a sight to see, but nothing could beat the view that this harbour held. It made me reminisce of our date here last night. I was aching to get a taste of his sweet lips again.
But soon enough, we made our way onto the dock and stood in front of the boat where a man in uniform greeted us.
"Mr. Styles," the man stepped aside for us.
"Mr. Johnson, thank you for allowing us to rent your boat for the day." Harry returned the kind gesture, shaking his hand.
I'd then realized that we were going on this mans boat.. though, from where I was standing – looking up – it seemed more like a yacht to me.
I wasn't hesitant to thank the man myself, as Harry stepped across the dock and firmly placed his feet on the edge of the boat.
"Your turn, Miss. Montez." He smirked, using my surname to tease me, once again.
I felt uneasy stepping across knowing that there was a pool of ice water beneath my feet. I took a deep breath, noticing Harry reaching out his hands for me to grasp for balance. He recognized my uneasyness, and did his best once again to reassure me of my safety but ended up making himself sound like a love sick fool.
"Don't worry, I'll catch if you fall, babe."
There was that pet name again that I so adored.
But how cheesy that line was had me laughing, while taking a hold of his hands.
"Whats so funny?" Harry asked, chuckling along.
"Your corny lines is whats funny," I teased him, unable to hold back my laughter; that I'd noticed I was laughing a little too hard, I may actually slip, "If I slip because of you, I'm taking you down with me."
"It'd be a pleasure to fall for you, Miss. Montez," Harry had once again teased me back, success in his corny lines.
I glared at him, stepping across and placing my feet firmly on the boat, as I detached my grip from his and pointed my index finger at him, "Okay, you call me that one more time and I'm pushing you off of this boat."
Now he was the one who couldn't hold back the laughter, obviously not taking me seriously.
I gently pushed my hands against his chest – him not stumbling whatsoever.
Wow, he was built.
"What?" I gasped, sarcastically, beginning to laugh, "I'm serious."
Harry nodded, continuing the beautiful sound that was his laughter, wrapping his arms around me, "You're cute when you're frustrated."
I playfully rolled my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips, "And you're annoying when you're sweet."
His brows furrowed, lips puckering, "Have you insulted me, Miss. Montez?"
I pushed at his chest again, laughing, "What did I just say?" I refer to his constant use of labelling me by my surname.
"Okay, okay," he flashed me a boyish smile, eyes glowing with glee, "Come on, lets go up to the top deck."
As he was about to pull away from my grasp, I pulled him back to me, whining,
"Wait,"
He displayed a puzzled expression, curiosity forming as to why I was pulling him back. Without hesitation, I pressed my lips against his, my hands finding their way into his curls. He was shocked at my sudden outburst of confidence, but was quick to respond as he wrapped his arms back around my waist and deepened the kiss. Our lips formed perfectly against one another, as if they were made for each other. Electricity shot through my veins making me ache for him at my very core. His tongue massaged my bottom lip pleading for entrance which I kindly accepted – tongues swirling against one another having each other only wanting more. His hands rose up to rest on my cheeks, as I stole dominance and gripped his bottom lip between my teeth pulling it back – leaving him speechless. One more sensual kiss was enough to keep the two of us on our toes for the rest of the day.
I slowly pulled away from his grasp, noticing his eyes still shut and fluttering from the surprising kiss I had just left him in.
But not too long after did his emerald green eyes pour into mine, darker than ever, the transparency of wanting more.
He then leaned in again, but I stepped back, holding up my index finger to just brush against his lips stopping him.
"Ah, no," I now got my revenge, "To the top deck, Mr. Styles."
This was fun.
He pouted his bottom lip, shaking his head, "No, one more."
"Nope," I crossed my arms over my chest, "I believe we have a deck to get too, Mr. Styles."
He took a step towards me, his eyes turning jade, "Call me Mr. Styles one more time, and we'll be skipping the top deck and heading right for the first bedroom."
I was surprised at the words he had just blurted. He'd never made sexual innuedos with me before. I mean, I was expecting them but not so soon. Mind you, I'm eighteen and he's twenty-two, so its not like I didn't see it coming.
He was shocked at the words he had just said that his eyes looked like they were about to pop right out of his head.
"Stella, I-"
He thought I was mad.
I bursted out laughing, shaking my head, "Damn, is it fun to get under your skin." I teased.
Theres been a lot of that going on lately.
His cheeks turned a shade of pink, letting his head fall and running his fingers through his hair. He was embarrassed. How adorable. He was blushing to the extreme attempting to hide the embarrassment from his cheeks.
I took a step towards him, closing the gap between us, holding one of his hands in mine, as I reached up on my toes and swiftly moved my lips to his ear.
"You play nice, and I may take you up on that offer,"
My hot breath fanning over his neck left goosebumps, but those words to come from my mouth sent a shiver down his spine.
Now, I was smiling in victory.
Meeting my gaze with his, I left him surprised once again.
"You never fail to surprise me, Stella." Was all he managed too say.
I shrugged, grinning cheekily, "Well, it is one of my many traits."
"A mystery I'm dying to figure out." Harry said, quoting a line I'm sure was from some poetic rhyme.
I giggled like a child, reaching up on my toes again, to now place a kiss on his cheek. Setting myself down, I pulled him with me adding a shy smile, "Come on. Show me around." I pushed him to gain back his confidence that always seemed to fade when I surprised him.
He shook his head, giggling, as he followed behind me, leaving his hand in mine.

If I was doing something to him, he'd have no idea what he was doing to me.

10 Votes & 5 Comments for the next chapter!
I hope you guys enjoyed this one a little more.
I'll hopefully be updating more frequently, but bare with me, I'm still slightly overloaded by school and work, so please be patient with me.
I adore each and every one of you, please do tell me what you thought of this chapter!
Xx