Chapter Two

After a while of just sitting and kissing, we decided to go and join the others. I walked in first and saw that JJ was already smoking. He looked up and held the box of cigarettes out for me to grab one. I gladly accepted and took one. I placed it between my lips and JJ put his lighter to the end and lit it. JJ did the same gesture to Josh but he declined and sat next to me on the floor.

I sat there and puffed on my cigarette. It was calming, especially after the encounter I just had with the Pack. When the cigarette had gotten to the end, I put it in the ash tray on the table and leaned back against the couch and closed my eyes.

Simon walked back into the room and sat on the other side of me. He looked over to the ash tray.

"You've already had one without me? I can't believe you, Jaxie!" Simon said in a fake upset voice. My real name is Alyssa-Jackson but people call me either Ajax or Jaxie. No one ever calls me Alyssa, it's too girly for me.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist," I said while giggling. Vikk stood in the doorway of the kitchen and leaned against the door frame.

"Foods ready," he said kind of quietly. He was never a very talkative person unless he was really enjoying himself or he was alone with one of us.

Everyone scrambled up except for me. I normally don't eat a lot. It bothers everyone but I just don't feel the need to eat that often. That's why I'm so freakishly skinny.

"Ajax, come get some food!" Harry shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry!" I yelled back. A bit later they all came in and sat in their original spots but now with a plate of food. Simon carried in an extra plate and sat it down on my lap.

"Simon!" I said as I leaned my head back against the couch. He sighed and took it off my lap only to put it on the small table in front of me. It did smell good but I wasn't in the mood to eat. I can't get the look on Mitch's face out of my mind and the words that Lachlan had spoken. It made me feel sick.

Josh must have noticed the way I was staring off and the expression on my face. He grabbed my hand in one of his and both of our plates in the other. He led me to my room and shut the door behind us. He sat on the bed and patted the space next to him. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Now don't lie to me, what's wrong?" Josh asked but it sounded more like a demand. I focused on the lines that littered my walls and furniture and pretty much everything in my room. I had put scratches on everything. One a day since my father left. Josh reached his hand out and cupped the side of my face. He turned my face so that we were looking each other in the eyes.

"Jackson...." he warned. I sighed.

"Fine. Well, the Pack got me and took my knives and some other shit from my bag. They put me on the ground and I could see Chase running down the street and I started to relax. Then... umm...," I started but faded out towards the end. I let my fingers graze over the gashes in the wall closest to me.

"What happened, Jaxie?" he said as he pulled me closer to him for a hug. My head went in the crook of his neck and his arms wrapped protectively around me.

"They said that they wanted to take me back to their place and have some 'fun' with me," I said into his neck. His arms tightened around me and he held me close to him. I felt one of his hands run through the back of my hair.

After a while he let go and picked up my plate and put it in my lap.

"I know you are hungry, I can see it in your eyes. Now eat up," he said as he ate his own food. I slowly took a bite and it tasted so good. I love Vikks cooking it reminds me of my mother's.

I finished the rest of the meal before Josh and that is an accomplishment for me. Josh sat there with wide eyes.

"I knew you were hungry," he said with a smirk. I smiled and lightly hit his arm. He finished his meal and took our plates back into the kitchen for me. He returned a minute later with a bottle in his hands. He handed it to me, it was a beer bottle.

I was slightly surprised because Josh isn't one to promote my bad habits like drinking.

"You've had a rough day, you deserve it," he said and laid back on my bed as I popped the cap off the bottle. I drank it all and then laid down next to Josh and snuggled up to him. He put his arm around me and held me close as he closed his eyes and relaxed. I closed my eyes as well and Josh's breathing steadied signaling he had fallen asleep.

I heard a chuckle and talking from the door to my room. "Look at how cute they are," Tobi gushed to Ethan.

"Oh god, she's already downed a beer," Ethan said with a disapproving voice.

"Well she did have an interesting walk home today," I heard Harry say.

"Wait, what happened?" Simon's voice asked. Harry told Simon that I had run into the Pack, but he didn't know the whole story. I opened my eyes to see an enraged Simon.

"It's okay, Simon, I'm fine," I said quietly. He immediately relaxed and softened when he heard my voice.

"I swear if they even talk to you again, I'll kill them," he said with a huff.
"Jax, no more beer tonight, you hear me?" He asked.

"Yes dad," I said as a joke and yawned. Simon and the rest of them giggled and then Simon and Harry walked in and each kissed my forehead, careful not to wake Josh. Simon grabbed my empty bottle and they all left.

For a while after, I could hear talking and laughing coming from everyone in the other room. I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep to Josh's steady breathing.

----------------------------------------------

This book is so fun for me to write. I just with that more people would read and enjoy it so if you know anyone who likes the sidemen, let them know about my book(s). See ya next time, Ilya, bye!