Chapter Nine

Josh's lips meet my forehead as I'm almost back to sleep. His hand is holding mine now with his thumb rubbing soothing circles into the skin of the back of my hand.

I jump as loud and frantic knocks beat on the door. Josh opens his mouth to say something, but the door opens before he can say anything. Simon quickly enters and then hastily closes the door again. He notices that I'm awake and sends me a smile.

"Hey, Jaxie. How are you feeling?" He asks as he makes his way over to the chair on the opposite side of the bed to Josh. I say nothing as my arm starts itching again. I remove my hand from Josh's and start messing with the tube again.

"I told you not to be messing with that, leave it alone," Josh says as he removes my hand from it again. He looks up at Simon. "She is still really out of it from the meds they gave her yesterday," he informs Simon.

"Yesterday?" I ask and furrow my brows. I can't remember anything from yesterday. Simon and Josh both chuckle as I prove Josh's point. The room falls into a comfortable silence.

"Harry said that he should be around before too long. I just hope he gets through the paparazzi without going to jail," Simon breaks the silence.

"Are there more out there now? When I got here, there were just a few," Josh looks surprised.

"Why are there paparazzi in a hospital? That's just stupid," I mumble. Josh's arm that was around my shoulders has been moved so that his hand is on the side of my face.

"I mean they are here to see you, so it's fitting," Simon replies. Josh laughs at this and I don't understand why. I stare dumbfounded at Simon and he notices with a grin on his face. "I'll tell you later when you aren't high out of your mind," he concludes.

"Why are we in a hospital?" I ask out of the blue. Josh and Simon stay quiet as Josh brushes aside the blanket that is laid across my body. He moves my shirt to the side and exposes a line of irritated skin and stitches. I glare at it confused and then reach my hand out to touch it. Josh is quick and catches my hand before I make contact with the red skin.

"It's gonna hurt if you touch it, baby," Josh explains. He replaces my shirt and the blanket. The door bursts open and Harry sneaks in with his middle fingers raised to the sky at whoever is on the other side of the door. Simon uses his foot to kick the door shut and glares at Harry.

Harry brushes off the look from Simon. I wave slightly at him as he stares at me blankly. He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'm still mad at you. You're little innocent act isn't going to work on me this time," Harry says flatly.

"She doesn't remember anything from yesterday. She's on really strong meds. She's high as a kite right now," Simon explains to Harry. Harry's arms fall from his chest as he sits at the foot of the bed.

"How can I be high as a kite when I can't fly?" I ask as I turn to Josh. I don't know why they all start laughing. What I said wasn't funny.

"I talked to her doctor last night when I left. He said that after this round of meds is out of her system that we can take her home and start having her take a different type of pain med," Simon explains to the others.

"I want to go home," I half mumble half whine.

"You will later today," Harry reassures me. He places a comforting hand on my leg and squeezes it gently.

"But I want to go now," I whine this time. My eyes water slightly as my bottom lip pouts out.

"Everyone look away, she's doing the look," Josh says playfully as he looks away. Simon just laughs and ruffles his hand in my hair.

After a while of the boys all talking with each other, I started to fade in and out of sleep.

"Go to sleep. We are going to leave soon, but we will be back later in the day to take you home," Josh explains as he kisses my forehead. I nod and allow my eyes to close.

Knocking causes me to startle awake. I finally feel like myself again. The door opens and I was shocked at who all walked in. Mitch, Lachlan, Jerome, Preston, and Rob enter the room and close it. I sit and stare at them, unable to move or clearly think at the moment.

"Hey, babe," Mitch says breaking the silence. He saunters over to the chair that had once been occupied by Josh and sits down. I feel my muscles tense as he speaks.

"Why are you here?" I ask sternly. Something isn't right here.

"Well that's not the way you should greet people. We are here to see you," Rob chastises. He is leaning up against the wall and looking somewhat bored.

"You need to leave," I say quietly. My hands are clenched in my lap. My fingernails are digging into my palms.

"I don't think so," Lachlan speaks up.

"Especially you, get the fuck out of here," I mumble angrily through clenched teeth.

"Fucking make me," Lachlan looks me dead in the eyes with the most serious and challenging look on his face.

I throw the blanket off of my body and move to stand. I ignore the burning pain that is running through my abdomen and walk straight up to Lachlan. I only stand to a bit below his shoulder, but I have adrenaline on my side from my anger. I grab ahold of his wrist and swiftly maneuver it behind his back. His body turns and I push his chest into the wall. The other boys starts coming closer to help Lachlan, but are stopped by Mitch.

"Lachlan can handle this one on his own. If he can't help himself from a girl with a bullet wound, then that's his problem," Mitch says with an amused smirk on his lips. The boys all go back to where they had been previously standing.

"Are you going to leave now, or are you still not convinced you should?" I ask Lachlan. I know that he is uncomfortable.

"I'm cool staying like this," he replies cockily. I move his wrist up more and twist it slightly. I hear him hiss in pain.

"Well I've been known to break someone's wrist, so I'm cool with staying like this too," I threaten. I don't like how my back is to the rest of them, but I don't really have a choice right now.

"Fuck off. You're dog is the one who should have been shot and died," he growls through gritted teeth. I quickly snap his wrist to the side and back as a loud pop I heard. He groans in pain.

"If you ever come close to my dog again, I will actually kill you. You guys may have gotten me by ganging up on me, but I can easily take one of you on. Don't test me," I say harshly as I turn his body and throw him towards the boys agains the wall. I turn back to my bed and press the button that calls the nurse. The four leaning on the wall make their way to the door. Lachlan is cradling his wrist as he makes his way out of the room. He sends me a final glare before he exits. Mitch stays sat in the chair.

"Leave," I say simply. I point to the door and hope that the nurse will come in soon. I don't like being in the same room with him, alone as well.

"Don't worry, I will," he says as he stands. Instead of opening the door to leave, he continues around the bed and over to me.

I back up until my back meets the wall. He comes even closer so that there isn't enough room for me to get past him. My arms and legs are frozen in fear of what he is going to do. His hands grab my wrists and lift them up and over my head. One of his hands holds both of mine to the wall. His free hand settles on my waist. His touch is foreign to me and makes me feel vulnerable. Josh's touch always makes me feel safe and loved.

I'm brought out of thought as Mitch's lips meet mine. I try to back away, but the wall behind me prevents any movement. Mitch pulls away and starts walking away backwards. He releases my hands as he smirks with his bottom lip perched between his teeth.

"Bye, Jaxie," he calls back gently as he leaves and pulls the door closed behind him. I fall to the floor shaking. My knees are brought up to my chest as tears stream down my cheeks. I feel so violated. I feel awful that I couldn't pull away, for Josh.

I graduated this weekend. Updates will be more frequent, hopefully. I'm currently trying to write and update on 5 books so yeah. Two of those have no published parts yet. Let me know if I should go ahead and publish what I have so far or wait until it is finished, if that ever happens. Until next time, Ilya, bye!!!!