just you || izayoi x reader

kinda dr3 spoilers

// i'm actual izayoi trash im sorry

pronouns: fem

you were waiting.

tick, tock, tick, tock...

the grimy clock on the wall moved on and on, seconds feeling like hours. "c'mon..." you muttered, leaning forwards a little, "just... another minute..."

today, you were meeting up with izayoi. you were both extremely good friends as children, and were elated to be both attending hope's peak academy together, so when you were placed into 76 B and him 76 A, you were both disappointed. "it's okay!" you had insisted, beaming up at him, "at least we both got in!"

he had laughed at that.

you loved it when izayoi laughed. he was usually very cold to people, and had always been fighting them off when they were rude to you, so seeing him look so happy... it was indescribable to you.

30 seconds, you thought, the suspense killing you.

"miss y/l/n, you need to pay attention more. see me after class." the teacher's voice shattered your train of thoughts, devastating you.

he wanted to see you after class. you were going to be late.

cursing under your breath, you swung your bag over your shoulder just as the bell rang and trailed over to the teacher. "miss y/l/n, you really know better than this." he sighed, turning to you once the last few pupils had left.

you nodded, eager to leave. "i know, sir, it won't happen again." you insisted.

the teacher frowned a little. "y/n, your classwork hasn't been exactly... ideal recently. you're in hope's peak academy, you can do much better than 'i think she is sad'." he pressed.

ah, shit. "i know, sir. i'll make sure to try harder. that's why i'm here." you said absently, itching to get the hell out.

hesitantly, he nodded. "okay. i'll see you in class tomorrow. have a good evening." he said slowly, sending relief shooting through you.

you thanked him, before rushing out. once you were in the hallways, you were greeted by the usual rush. groaning, you forced your way through (with great difficulty), and rounded a random corner, but...

crash!

you cried out, falling backwards. "o-oh my gosh! i'm so s-s-sorry!" a feminine voice squealed.

groggily, you forced yourself up, meeting eyes with a girl with uneven, dark brown hair. "huh? oh... yeah. sorry, my fault." you muttered, rubbing your head.

i'm so late, you thought, now panicking.

she winced. "y-you should come to the infirmary with me. you might have hurt your head." she offered.

running a hand over your face, you forced a smile. "no, it's fine. i'm okay." you said quickly.

before the girl could respond, you spluttered out a quick goodbye and stumbled off. you were still a few hallways away from where izayoi was waiting, and that was just going to worsen your situation.

you weaved through the corridors, bumping shoulders with a few people in the way, but you didn't care.

eventually, you pulled to a stop before a door. this was the room. finally.

you pushed the door open flashing a small smile. "i'm sorry i'm late, there was jus-" you cut yourself off, your jaw dropping.

izayoi was there. of course he was.

but he wasn't the only one.

"hmm?" ruruka chimed, pulling back from izayoi's lips.

you couldn't form any words. "wh...at are you...?" you managed, choking on your words.

grimacing, izayoi stepped forwards, slipping his arm from ruruka's grip. "y/n, wait-" he said quickly.

you smiled sadly, shaking your head, before turning and leaving.

it wasn't as if you and izayoi were a couple. you were just friends.

friends who held hands sometimes and had messaged each other at 4am countless times asking if they were in love.

...you know, the usual.

shaken, you stormed down the corridor, your breathing uneven. once you reached the end, you swung open the door, slamming it behind you.

hot tears streamed down your cheeks as you sunk down the door, holding your head in your hands.

you knew you loved him. you knew that was why you were desperate to meet with him.

...why didn't you just tell him?

cursing, you slammed your fist onto the ground.

you didn't know how long you were in there after that. there was no clock in the room, and it was quite dark, so you probably wouldn't have been able to see anyway.

...but it was long enough for there to be a knock on the door which silenced your sobs.

you froze, holding your breath as a few tears continued to stream down your cheeks. "y/n... i know you're in there."

the voice caused your heart to almost cease beating. it was that same, deep voice that had been your comfort too many times before. it was izayoi.

you were silent. there was no way you could face him again.

"i... should have waited. i just thought you weren't going to turn up."

you shook your head. he would have done it anyway, you thought bitterly.

"i shouldn't have trusted her. i knew that she was tainted. i shouldn't have let myself be manipulated by her." he muttered, his tone dropping.

was he talking about... ruruka?

"i'm sorry, y/n. i'm... a traitor to you."

you paused. izayoi was apologising...

"the thing that makes me just despise every fibre of my being is that... i knew i loved you. i knew you were trustworthy. i knew you would never betray me. and... i should have been that way, too."

did he just say...?

"god, i just said i loved you. i... guess i do. i never wanted her. i never wanted her false loving or her enslavery. it was just you all along, y/n... i just wanted you."

your eyes widened as you rose. he loved you.

"i love you, y/n."

shaking a little, you flung open the door and hurdled into izayoi's arms. "i love you, izayoi. i... i really, really, do." you murmured into his shoulder.

his body relaxed a little as he wrapped his arms around you. "i'm sorry i betrayed you, y/n. i-" he breathed.

softly, you shook your head. "no, that wasn't a betrayal. everything... is the way it should be. thank you, izayoi." you smiled.

and with that, you rose onto the tips of your toes and pressed your lips to his.

x

can you tell i didn't know how to end this? :^) but thank you for reading anyway ((: