runaway || kaito

first v3 x reader oh boY i hope it's okay
no spoilers here bc im respectful 😎

the silence that occupied the room was almost consuming you. the hand in yours felt almost foreign for once, while the tears in your eyes felt all too real.

kaito squeezed your hand a little, before lifting his hand to brush away one of the tears that escaped. "what's wrong?" he asked you, concern rising in his hushed tone.

a few further tears slipped as you lifted your gaze up to him. "i... don't know," you admitted, before turning away; "everything, maybe."

slowly, kaito nodded, before he turned to gaze out of the window. outside of your small, shared apartment was a small patch of grass and a hell of a lot of traffic. it wasn't an ideal block of flats at all. "everything?" he repeated, both his gaze and voice wistful.

you weren't quite sure of how to react. did you say something wrong? "uh... y-yeah."

suddenly, his gaze latched onto yours, his hand still firmly in yours, and the other under your chin, softly tilting up your head. "if you don't wanna stay in this city anymore, y/n... i'll be right behind you," he muttered, his expression sincere.

eyes wide, you stared intently at him for a moment, searching for any signs of this just being a huge joke, but... you found none. "s-seriously? kaito, you have friends here; people who care about you, i can't let you leave that behind-"

you were cut off by kaito pulling you into a tight embrace, his hands rubbing small circles into your back. "it's okay, y/n. i'd do anything for you," he assured you, his tone soft.

for a moment, you remained silent, simply settling in kaito's arms and mulling over the situation. "...we leave tonight, then. it's better sooner than later," you murmured, your mind already made up.

nodding, kaito pulled back, clasping both of your hands in his. "yeah... got it. i love you, y/n. i really do."

you cracked a small smile, your eyes meeting his once again. "i love you too, kaito. thank you."

x

the headlights of kaito's beaten car dimly illuminated the path ahead as we sped on. "this is it," you said. you couldn't help the small laugh that passed through your lips once you had, tilting your head back a little.

beside you, kaito grinned, nodding excitedly. "it really is... i'm so glad i'm doing this, y/n. with you," he declared, causing your chest to tighten and your cheeks to dust a slight shade of pink.

"me too, kaito. i... just needed to get away. i wouldn't have done it with anyone but you," you smiled, watching the briskly passing road.

he was driving way above the speed limit but guess what?

you didn't care.

you were there with the person you loved, escaping all your past mistakes; your regrets... and you couldn't be happier.

x

a/n heck it's been so long since i posted anything here!!! i have over 30 drafts heck this block is hell™

but i love kaito sm!!! i hope i did him justice bc he's my v3 fav <33