(Yellow) Inkling Boy x Female Octoling Reader (Pt. 1)

(Y/n)'s Pov

Man, guarding the outside of Octo Valley can be pretty boring. Usually, my friends and I talk or wait until an intruder marches in our territory from getting to the Zapfish and The Great Zapfish. But we rarely see anyone out here!

"Geez, is anything going to happen today?" My friend Alice said with irritation in her tone. I shrugged "Probably not, just the same as usual." "Then why are we wasting our time out here! Nothing is going to happen!" My other friend Mariah said angrily.

I sighed "It's our order to stay out and watch for any intruders Mariah. Maybe something might happen today." Mariah rolled her eyes. "Tch, yeah right." 'Stubborn as usual' I thought.

"Team 3, are you there?" Alice picks up the walkie talkie and holds the button to respond. "Yeah, we're here. What team are we talking to?" "Team 2. An inkling has entered Octo Valley."
Our eyes widen. "An inkling?!" We said at the same time. "Yes! Please be prepared for the enemy. Over and out." And with that last sentence, she hung up.

"Wait, she didn't want us to come over there for back up?!" Alice said with shock. "No because her and her team probably want all the credit for capturing the inkling. Maybe that's why." Mariah said with anger.

"Just great, guess we'll have to wait until they call for back up" I said, leaning against a concrete wall. "Can we just spawn where they're at?"Alice questioned. "We can't because we're ordered to stay here." I said, looking down at my boots.

"The heck with that, I'm going!"
Mariah said. I looked up from my boots to see Mariah turned into her octopus form and flew off. "Mariah!" Alice and I shouted. I'm starting to worry for her. "I'm going to chase after her" Alice said.

I stood next to her with a worried face. "Please be careful." I said. She smiled at me and said, "Don't worry, I'll be back in a bit with Mariah." She then turned into her octopus form and flew off, until I couldn't see her.

I paced back and forth, worrying for my friends. What if something bad happens to them? I don't know what I would do if they gotten hurt really bad. I stopped pacing as I inhaled and exhaled.

"Ok, don't worry. They're the strongest octolings that I have ever met. They'll be fine." I said with confidence. Oh, I could talk to them on the walkie talkie. Good thing that all Octolings have one each.

I turned the walkie talkie on and spoke into it. "Alice, Mariah, are you there?"

...No answer. All I hear are static noises. My heart started pounding really fast out of panic.

"Hello? Guys?" I questioned.

What I heard from the walkie talkie scared me and left me in shock.

"I'm coming for you next."

A/N
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I had Summer School to deal with. I can't believe I have to go back to school next week.

And I'm aware of the errors that I have made in the past and now. I'll try to fix my mistakes in the future.