Second Letter

Krystal wore the exact same dress again, wanting to make him happy. She knew how much he loved that dress on her. She wore it on their first date.

     "Bonjour monsieur!" She giggled, sitting down.

     For someone as sad as Krystal, she somehow managed to hide her feelings for a millisecond.

     Her mother, on the other hand, was beyond worried about her. Krystal was always known for being the quiet girl. Krystal never lost her mind and cried and laughed at the same time.

     Is that what a beloved's death does to you?

     Does it make you feel multiple things all at once?

     Krystal felt sad, but why was she laughing?

     Krystal, for a fact, never liked French.

     Neither did he.

     Why was she speaking it?

     Krystal stood up.

     "Shall I start reading the second letter, your majesty?" She mocked the British accent.

     She dramatically placed her hand on her chest, raised the dress from the side, using her free hand, and bowed.

     The tears raced down her cheeks as she sat down again.

     "What is happening to me?" She laughed as the tears ran down her face.

     She grasped the envelope with all her power and opened it. She sighed and smiled at the sunny sky.

     "Dear Tae,

     It's been two days and you still didn't take me out for breakfast. I loved the conversation we had last night, even though I was physically alone, but I know you were listening to me. It was my second all-nighter ever. I never knew all-nighters were that nice. Even though I lied down in bed, all by myself, I somehow felt your breath against my neck as you carefully listened to my barely audible "I love you"s and "I miss you"s.

     But me, pulling an all-nighter?

     I remember how I would wake up next to you, with you staring at me. I'd fall asleep as you read our favorite book out loud. You'd stay up all night, trying your best to protect me.

     I managed to pull off new things ever since I met you.

     Speaking of meeting you.

     Remember when we first met?"

     She paused and so did her tears. The evidence of her tears was still crystal clear on the letter and her cheeks.

     She looked up and the memories opened their arms, hugging her.

     It was another hectic day at school. Krystal, being every single teacher's pet, was assigned as Mr.Hugh's substitute to stay overtime at school to watch over an unknown naughty student as he got locked inside the silent detention room. Little did Krystal know it'd be one student in that room. Little did Krystal know it'd be the one guy to wrap her around his finger.

     She walked in, eyes locked with the pink-haired guy's. The principal didn't tell her his name nor did she tell her it'd be just one student.

     "Just you?" She asked, fixing her skirt.

     He nodded, making her look away. He gave her an answer, even though it was pretty obvious that it was just the two of them in the room.

     He didn't look like the regular naughty boy. It wasn't the kind of love story where the polite girl falls for the jerk.

     His shirt was tucked in and his tie was perfectly done. He had no tattoos nor did he have any piercings.

His hair, though. His hair was pink.

She didn't mind his hair. On the contrary, she actually liked it.

"Why are you here?" They both asked as she stood in front of the desk, slowly leaning her behind against the wooden desk, resting her arms.

"You first," he smiled.

"Well, Mr.Hugh couldn't make it today and I ran into the principal on my way out, so she asked me to stay," she blushed, looking at everything but him.

He admired her shyness. He couldn't stop smiling at how she fiddled around with her fingers and kept on looking around the room, avoiding eye contact.

He thought detention was going to be hell.

It was, in fact, hell, for she wouldn't look him in the eye when all he wanted was to look straight into hers.

"You?" She whispered, still avoiding eye contact.

"I accidentally dropped my tray in the cafeteria. The food fell over some guy's pants and he accused me of doing it on purpose, "he sighed.

"Apparently, I'm jealous of 'blonde guys'," he laughed, making air quotes.

She finally looked at him, laughing.

     Krystal looked down at the letter, not wiping away her tears.

     "Anyway," she whispered "back to the letter."

     "It was a tiring day, but I swear you made it better. You were the first student to actually acknowledge my existence. I thank god every single day for making me forget that book at school, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have ran into the principal and she wouldn't have asked me to watch over you.

     That being said, I wouldn't have met you. My life wouldn't have changed.

     In the past 48 hours, for a few seconds, I regretted forgetting that book, because it's the reason I'm writing this letter. That stupid book is the reason all of this is happening.

     But what if our meeting was meant to be anyway?

      Is it just the book that helped us meet?

     Or were we going to meet either way?

     I sometimes wonder whether or not I would have been writing this letter if I were to forget that book."

     Krystal redid what she had done on her first visit. She dug that letter along with the other one, hoping they'd reach him one day.

     Krystal stood up and didn't even bother to fix her dress. She took a look at the spot where his body lied and walked away.

     She still wondered if she'd be joining him soon.