Seventh Letter

"Driving around that town
Where you've been before."

-Wherever You Are - Angus & Julia Stone

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When Krystal first found out about the horrid accident, she couldn't sleep for days.

And when she got too tired and was finally able to get some rest, she would wake up an hour later, crying in bed.

After reading the sixth letter, Krystal went back home and took some of her mother's sleeping pills. She wanted to get some rest. She got so sick and tired of crying in bed, waiting for him to come back. Her reckless actions and desperation pulled her into her mother's room for some pills.

The following day, she woke up at 9 PM. She skipped two steps at a time as she made her way down the stairs.

"Good evening, mother. Good evening, father." She said as she bowed.

They blankly stared at their daughter, not knowing what to say.

"I'll be late, so don't wait up for me." She winked at them.

"Where are you going?" Her dad asked, standing up.

"To Tae's." She smiled.

"It's late, honey. You can't go to the graveyard at this time." Her mom explained, standing up from the couch, wrapping her hands around each other.

"Graveyard?" Krystal questioned.

"He's picking me up. We're supposed to be having dinner." She laughed, covering her mouth.

"Krystal, sweetie," Her mom tried her best not to release the tears that were threatening to fall.

"He isn't going to pick you up." She continued, refusing to cry in front of her daughter.

"Why not? Is he busy?" She asked, tilting her head.

"He's resting." Her dad said, not knowing what else to say.

"But he's right there." She grinned, pointing out the window.

They knew she could see him, but they couldn't.

"I'm coming!" She shouted, leaving the house.

"Hello, Tae." She said, staring at thin air.

"You look quite handsome in that suit." She said, pretending to fix his tie.

She sat on the bench by the porch, swinging her legs.

"When are we leaving?" She asked him.

"I'll get my dad's keys." She grinned, walking back inside the house.

She grabbed her dad's keys, completely ignoring her parents' shouting.

She got in the passenger seat, picturing Taehyung next to her.

"Take me far away." She smiled to herself, resting her cheek against the window.

"I want to stay with you." She whispered.

"Forever, Tae."

"Do you want me to drive?" She asked.

Her parents, on the other hand, stared at her from the doorway. They couldn't do anything. They felt weak and useless.

Letters I [k.th]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें