Twenty-Fourth Letter

"This is your home now so don't you forget. Is it love you regret? In that case you won't be returning, I guess"

-Milk Teeth - Keaton Henson

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Good morning, mom." Krystal smiled at her mother as she made her way down the stairs.

"Good morning!" Krystal's mother grinned at her daughter.

She put on a baby blue blouse and a pair of denim shorts with camel sandals.

"I'm going to visit Mr. and Mrs.Kim, then go get a haircut, okay?" She smiled, giving her mother a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't you want to eat?" She asked her.

"I'll grab a bite later on."

And with that, Krystal shut the door behind her and made her way to the car.

Krystal knew how much she was lying to herself. She was ready to do anything just for the sake of getting closure. She had hoped a slight change in her clothes would actually help her out of the depressing mood she's been in.

Krystal drove down the road, taking a right just before Jin's house. She drove for a few more minutes and finally stopped.

It has been quite a while since Krystal last visited the house. They fixed the glass and it looked like nothing has happened to the house.

She rang the doorbell and waited what so impatiently. Krystal stared at her feet even when she heard the door creak open.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar voice said, making Krystal look up.

Krystal panicked for a second or two. She looked at the driveway, but didn't find any trucks that were in charge of moving the furniture.

Krystal cleared her throat and looked at the man.

"I'm sorry, but where's Mr.-"

"Krystal?" A woman suddenly appeared in the doorway.

"Yes, that would be me." Krystal gave her a puzzled look, not knowing what to think.

"Come in, dear." The lady ushered her inside the house and the man closed the door.

"Who are yo- how do you know me?" Krystal asked as she looked around the house. The furniture was there, nothing had changed.

"You can go up to his room, darling." She sympathetically smiled at her.

"Whose room?" Krystal wondered, tracing the edges of the coffee table, feeling comfortable despite the strangers that surrounded her.

"His room."

"I'm sorry, how do you know my name?" Krystal looked at her, squinting her eyes, hand still on the coffee table.

"Go to his room and you'll know." She smiled at her.

"I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?" Krystal asked, avoiding what she said.

"We're moving here."

"Yes, tomorrow. Where's Mrs.Kim?" Krystal asked, making her way to the kitchen, looking for her dead boyfriend's mother.

"They're at our place." The man answered.

"Why?"

"We were supposed to move tomorrow, but Mrs.Kim seemed to have some sort of episode of her own. Her husband said something about her not being quite able to handle it anymore. They took their important belongings and so did we. The movers will be here tomorrow to take the furniture. But for now, all of our valuables are here and their's are there with them." The lady explained.