Twelfth Letter

"I'm looking for sunlight with rays that will cure me of the pain that keeps my lungs tight."

-I Exist I Exist I Exist - Flatsound
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next day, Krystal dragged herself out of the house, holding the eleventh letter along with Taehyung's umbrella as she made her way to the graveyard.

She didn't even acknowledge her parents.

The neighborhood was silent and the sky was as sad as Krystal. Krystal compared herself to her surroundings. Every little sad thing resembled her.

Bit by bit, raindrops fell on her hair, making her fidget with the umbrella.

She opened the umbrella, trying to protect the letter from getting wet.

The letter already had tear stains on it, but she still concentrated on protecting it.

If it weren't for that letter, Krystal would've enjoyed the rain as she skipped her way to the graveyard.

She finally reached it, sighing. She scanned the silent area for Jin, but he was nowhere to be found.

How could he be there after all the harsh things she had said to him?

A very small part of Krystal wanted Jin to show up.

She kneeled down by the grave, struggling to hold the umbrella and open the envelope at the same time.

She groaned in frustration.

The same small part of Krystal regretted the harsh things she had said to him.

"I guess I have to wait until the weather gets happier." She whispered.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to read this today." She sighed.

Krystal absentmindedly looked for Jin's brownbag, trying to push it away from her, stating she didn't want to eat.

A knife that had the word 'disappointment' carved into it stabbed her in the chest when she realized Jin wasn't there to listen to her letter or offer her food.

Krystal stood up, tears slowly filling up around the corners of her eyes.

"Why did you have to leave me all by myself?" She screamed.

She didn't know if that question was directed to Taehyung or Jin.

She just didn't like being alone. With Taehyung's absence, Krystal started to feel what she felt before meeting him, but she felt it ten times harder. She knew what loneliness felt like, but she had never had it mixed with a feeling of heartbreak and depression.

Krystal was thankful for Jin, because he was there for her. She had to take him off her mind. She wanted to grab him out of her head and drown him elsewhere.

She wanted nothing to do with Jin.

Krystal walked out of the graveyard, letter still in hand, umbrella protecting them.