[ CHAPTER SIX- THE WAY ]

THE WAY

              Once class was over Tahari got rushed home because apparently the workers came with the mattress already. Talk about expedite shipping. Pulling up to her home she saw the truck on the side on the street and soon got out.

"I am so sorry, I just literally got out of class!" She urged.

"You fine, how are you today ma'm," One of them spoke as the other with to unlock the back of the truck to get the mattress. He had Tahari to sign something and soon she unlocked the door so they could get the mattress up the steps.

She already disposed of the sheets, so all they had to do was move the other mattress and put the new one down.

"Alright it can go right here in this room, if you guys could please take the other one out for me?" She asked.

"Of course ma'm,"

As Tahari was watching them replace the matress her phone began to vibrate with a call from Ivory.

"Hey!"

"Hey girl, say you want to come over later tonight?" I'llcook and all."

Hearing the word 'cook' just made Tahari ten times happier, "Girl I will be there of course! Just text me with the time and all that," She said.

"Alright girl. See ya then" Ivory said and Tahari ended the call.

***

Zaquan looked at the two women in his life; his mother and sister, with a smile. He often wished his father was here, they still grieved about his death.

"So why did you gather us here for boy?" Jen urged as Zariah was too busy eating her food.

"I have a baby on the way." He just went ahead and said it, won't no need for beating around the bush.

"What?!" Zariah said as she nearly choked on her food.

Jen's eyes widened, "By who?"

"Her name is Tahari and you guys will like her, fa' real." Zaquan said and Jen nodded, "You know I'm having my cookout next week, so she's welcomed to come and she better bring her A game," Jen explained and Zaquan laughed.

"Is she a hoe or something Qua?"

"Nah, chill out," Zaquan said getting a little defensive.

"So who you messing around with." Zaquan said looking at Zariah.

"Maaaa!" Zariah looked to her mother because she knew she could be the only one that told Zaquan.

"Girl that is your brother." Jen said and Zariah exhaled.

"Please. Don't be mad."

"Ah shit," Zaquan mumbled then took a sip of his water. This didn't sound too good.

"It's Tank,"

"WHAT?!" Zaquan's deep voice rung throughout the restaurant making everyone turn their attention towards him.

"Boy lower your voice," Jen said.

"What the fuck you mean Tank?!" Zaquan said in a low voice.

"I know, I know. He's really nice..." She explained.