[ CHAPTER SEVEN - MINE FOR A LIFETIME ]

Zaquan was looking daddyish af on the Wendy Williams show lol. Jen, Zariah, Vale and Tahari in MM

MINE FOR A LIFETIME

1 week later

              Tahari stood in her mirror nervous, hoping that her attire wasn't too much for the cookout. She wore a white bodysuit, with jean flare pants, that showed off her curves then gold Steve Madden sandals. After combing through her silk straight weave, she put some clear lip gloss on the sprayed on some perfume. Once she grabbed her Louis Vuitton bag she was on her way downstairs. She felt bad because Zaquan had to be waiting on her for about twenty minutes, she said he could come in but he had a phone call to make. After locking up she came outside to hear Zaquan fussing someone the fuck out.

              "Nah nigga fuck that! Tell his fat ass he better not ever step foot in my shop again," Zaquan spoke then looked over to see Tahari looking at him.

              "Look I'mma hit you up later." Zaquan said.

              "Hey baby girl," He spoke flashing a smile.

              "Hey Zaquan," Tahari spoke as he opened the passenger door for her.

"How are you?" He asked watching her as she got situated.

"Morning sickness was kicking my ass, but I finally got it together,"  Tahari explained to him and he poked his lip out, "Awe. My poor tata,"

"Boy shut this door so we won't be late," Tahari said with a laugh and he did so.

"I hope your people like me," Tahari said because she was nervous.

"Shit me too," Zaquan said and Tahari shot her eyes at him.

"I'm joking, I promise you they're going to like you. Especially my older sister, she into shit you into. Weave, makeup, clothes, shoes all that; you two should get along just fine," Zaquan explained and Tahari smiled she liked that.

In less than twenty minutes they pulled up to this nice modern home that was one story with a bunch of glass windows. It reminded Tahari of Mary Janes House from Being Mary Jane. Tahari also noticed the many car that lined up and down the street.

"Oh God," Tahari commented as Zaquan parked.

"Everything will be fine," Zaquan said while placing a hand on her thigh all while rubbing it. Little did he know that act alone was soothing Tahari, she just wanted to ease her mind.

Both Zaquan and Tahari got out of the car, with every step towards the front door Tahari braces herself she just didn't know what to expect. She knew that niggas mommas were overprotective over their sons. Nothing is wrong with that at all, it's just that Tahari wasn't geared up to answer the many questions.

The door was already open so all Zaquan did was open the screen door. "The king is here!" He said as he went into the house.

"That's Zaquan's big headed ass!" Zariah said with a laugh.

"Hey big bro," Zariah said as Zaquan made his way into the kitchen with Tahari following him like a lost puppy. She and Zaquan hugged and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

Zariah looked past Zaquan to see Tahari. "Is this the mother of my niece or nephew?" Zariah asked with a smile. Zaquan nodded, "Yep, Tahari this is Zariah. Zariah this is my Tata baby." Tahari couldn't help but to blush, "Stop calling me that."

"Wow bro, she's beautiful."

"Thanks girl you are too. Matter fact you and Zaquan look alike, it's scary," Tahari said with a slight laugh.

"Don't ever insult me like that again," Zaquan said and Zariah hit him upside his head, "Boy if it wasn't for you looking like me you would be one ugly motherfucker,"

"Stop all that damn cussing!" Jen came in saying as she held an aluminum pan of hotdogs and hamburgers.

Jen looked from Tahari to Zaquan and then side eyed Tahari, "Are you the young lady that's going to give me my first grandchild?"

Tahari shyly nodded her head yes, "yes ma'm"

"Yea with my help," Zaquan said and Jen waved him off. "Boy gone, matter fact wash ya hands get the spatula and show ya girl your grilling skills." Jen said making Tahari laugh.

"Bet!" Was all Zaquan said before he began to wash his hand then go outside to the grill with his Uncle.

"You don't say much do you?" Jen said and Tahari didn't quite know how to answer that.

"I was waiting until we all got acquainted." She responded in a low tone.

"Ma chill," Zariah chimed in. Jen exhaled, "Zaquan is my baby boy and I just want what's best for him. You're a beautiful girl but I just want to know what else you're bringing to the table beside your beauty." Jen said and Tahari knew it. Tahari fucking knew it. MOMAS BOY!

"What is your occupation?" Jen asked leaning against the counter. There were two other women in the kitchen that peeped the conversation and instantly felt sorry Tahari.

"Jen leave that baby alone. My nephew knows how to pick a girl," Zaquan's aun't Vale said.

"It's fine. I'm actually model and then I am currently a senior at the University. I'm a nursing student." Tahari explained and Jen nodded her head. "That's good," She replied and Zariah smirked. She could tell Tahari was a good one.

"See ma, Zaquan know just not to bring anybody here."

"He hasn't brought anyone to meet the family so he must be serious." Vale said.

"We aren't even together though," Tahari said and all the women's mouths nearly dropped.

"Yet," Zariah smirked.

"Exactly!" Vale said with a smirk. "Well nonetheless welcome to the family baby girl, how far along are you?" Vale then added.

"Thank you, I'm just about seven weeks." Tahari said and they all cooed.

As the day progressed, after Zariah fixed a bit of the food she took Tahari around to meet more of their family. Soon it was time to eat. Tahari sat at one of the outdoor tables while talking with Zariah.

"So do you like my brother? Be honest, I won't tell."

"Honestly. I somewhat do, I mean he's everything he's a sweetheart, charming and thoughtful. All that. It just amazes me because I never had that," Tahari explained.

"Well damn." Zariah giggled and Tahari flashed a smile. Speaking of Zaquan she barely has seen him, and she missed his presence.

As Tahari was eating she felt a pair of hands wrap around her shoulders and she knew they were Zaquan's. "Damn Qua leave her alone," Zariah joked.

"I couldn't even if I tried." Zaquan said. After messing around with Tahari and his sister Zaquan went inside the house to flag down his mother.

"Auntie Vale, where my mama go?" Zaquan asked.

"Look and you will see," Jen said coming from around the corner. "What's up though?" She asked and Zaquan chuckled, "Come with me outside ma,"

"Alright." She replied following her son to the front porch. One they were outside Jen crossed her arms over one another then looked to her son.

"So what you think about Tahari?"

"I like her. She's genuine..."

"So you ain't give her a hard time,"

"Not really. Wasn't as bad as I couldn't been." Jen laughed.

"Ma chill. I really like her. Hopefully she could officially become mine." Zaquan said.

"She will son, just take it step by step and don't rush nothing,"